Michigan Jeepers

thardy

Banned
I edited my post hopefully all is well. I should have taken that into account but saw the thread come back to life and got excited. I don't often see WALers in the area. It's nice to see some activity for once on here though!

No worries. Like I said, just a friendly heads up of how I initially saw it. Thanks for understanding where I was coming from.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
You guys planning any other trips around here any time soon? Really need to test my shocks I'm rebuilding and a few other things between now and moab.

Saharacon

Well there's moundsgiving but that'll be total chaos. We don't have any particular events coming up for wheeling but it's very easy to get a group to go any weekend

Saharacon

Well we could always get a small group to go to rocks and valleys? That'd be a fun day. Other than that we can pretty much get a group to Bundy hill any weekemd

Saharacon

Yes it is about 2.5 hrs for myself. Probably right there with me.

I'm trying to get out after Thanksgiving but before the snow starts flying.

psmith

Let me know of anyone is planning a trip to rocks and valleys. Never been before and would like to go with someone who can show me the ropes, lol. Good to see some other Michigan people on here.

Drunic

Nice, I have to help my friend with his ball joints before we go anywhere. I'll have more time in January.

Drunic

I'm free now on the 2nd for Bundy, friend has to work. Give me some details and I can meet you there.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Another Michigander Here

Howdy,

Looking in through the screen door for a while, doing tons of research and lurking, time to open it and step on in. Jeeps had always been that 'fun to have at the cottage' type vehicle. Once they came out with the JK, and the Unlimited in particular, it took on new meaning. As I mentioned in a recent Wave, it was time to downshift from our Suburban and finally make the move.

Bought a new '15 in early November. I've adjusted from 'I have a new vehicle,' to 'hey I love this thing,' to, 'why didn't I do this at least a year earlier?' Well, the answer to the latter question was family growing up and spending less time in the bus. In the first 10 days, it went through our 15" snow to trailering as I put the motorcycles into storage.

Snowy Jeep (241).jpg

We're in Farmington Hills, far southeast corner of Oakland County, in the Detroit Metro Area. Think Novi, if it's easier. Am certainly interested in meeting with a few folks. Perhaps meetup for coffee or breakfast on the weekend. If you're interested, no time like the next week or so (off work). Just send me a note.

While this is my 4th vehicle with 4x4, the Jeep--and things I want to do with it--are new. After countless videos its easy to armchair-quarterback and point out someone else's errors ;). However I'm quite conscious of the fact that 'reading' and 'doing' are two different things. Before going nuts with mods, my current plan is to basically wheel with it stock for the next year, just learn and gain experience.

My daughter and I are going to do a 'daddy-daughter' weekend on 1/8/16. Snowbound II let us in, so we'll do our inaugural 'wheeling' event in the Gaylord, Michigan and Ft Grayling area in a couple weeks. Looking at CBs right now, think I'll simply get a decent handheld unit for this trip. Can always eBay it at some future point.

Cheers!
JT...

Saharacon

Well I'm a member of WJ and there's a decent sized group going to Bundy hill on the 2nd if anyone needs more info hit me up.

I usually break off from the larger group to get out with a smaller capable group for some more fun

Top Bottom