Midnight in AK

Akdiesel

Cloudy and rainy but this is midnight in Fairbanks, AK. It's rare I'm up this late but I wanted to share.image.jpg

Nice! Sunset here is at 2318 right now, just shy of an hour earlier than yours even though we're only a couple degrees to the south. The sun rises at 0353 too, and since dawn and dusk are much longer here in the summer than they would be further south, there is really only a short period of actual "night." In fact, I think dawn and dusk may be running together by now, I haven't stayed up long enough to check.

Long days up north = awesome long days of wheeling! As soon as the weather stays in the 20-25°+ range we'll be set.

Yea that's why man made the black out curtain lmao.

Yes sir. We have them throughout our house. They're a lifesaver.

Nice! Sunset here is at 2318 right now, just shy of an hour earlier than yours even though we're only a couple degrees to the south. The sun rises at 0353 too, and since dawn and dusk are much longer here in the summer than they would be further south, there is really only a short period of actual "night." In fact, I think dawn and dusk may be running together by now, I haven't stayed up long enough to check.

Long days up north = awesome long days of wheeling! As soon as the weather stays in the 20-25°+ range we'll be set.

Yes they do. You can stay up very late without realizing it. The downside is the winter is so dark and long.

Yeah. It does take some getting used to. I grew up here and then at 18 left for 9 years. After my time in the Marine Corps was up we moved back about a year ago. It definitely is a change but blackout curtains for the summer and vitamin C and D are helpful during winter. Also finding a hobby helps quite a bit.

Having grown up in Fairbanks I do miss this, people ask me all the time if its true about the midnight sun...

Having grown up in Fairbanks I do miss this, people ask me all the time if its true about the midnight sun...

I grew up on the Kenai and spent most all of my life somewhere in the state of Alaska. At 18 I decided to join the military and left the state...man it's been a long 10 years. Funny how you don't miss it til it's gone.

Yea I lived in Anchorage for awhile there. I miss it. Loved Alaska.

Yep. I have traveled all over the world and Alaska keeps calling me home.

I grew up on the Kenai and spent most all of my life somewhere in the state of Alaska. At 18 I decided to join the military and left the state...man it's been a long 10 years. Funny how you don't miss it til it's gone.

Yep. I have traveled all over the world and Alaska keeps calling me home.

I literally did the same thing.

Top Bottom