Midwest Ramble on and on

another question I'd like to ask is about the exhaust. I like to hear my vehicles.. my truck has 4" and my Hawk has 3" with electric cutout.. so it's safe to say I can't leave anything alone.... but this JK is new to me and I'm trying to find out what I "need" to keep and just how wild can I go? what kind of back pressure does this 3.8 need to still get decent mileage as I realize lift and tires will decrease it some I'm sure..

I have has three different exhaust and I love my current dynomax with the VTT valve and its a 3 inch

If your plan is to run just one kit on your jk & not upgrade within a couple yrs, I'd agree go with something like the AEV. Their kits will correct your geometry with their brackets. Their complete kits are pricey so I'd make sure that this is the kit you want to run for awhile.

lol.. Yeah, I was thinking that would be a long term kit, maybe even longer than my marriage.. lol

I'm definitely trying to research this and figure out which way to go

Any experience with Extreme terrain? Or what are the preferred vendors, any that deal on the forum much?

I've been looking at the Black Rock Viper 17x8 wheels for a couple weeks... torn between the black or silver.. If only all the decisions in life were only this hard right? lol

Last edited:
Any experience with Extreme terrain? Or what are the preferred vendors, any that deal on the forum much?

I've been looking at the Black Rock Viper 17x8 wheels for a couple weeks... torn between the black or silver.. If only all the decisions in life were only this hard right? lol

Northridge 4x4 is a great company and as for rims make sure they have 4.5-4.0 inch backspacing..

Jchet I was going to tell ya if you decide to go the AEV route, you should check with Dewey Dodge in Ankeny. They are an AEV dealer & I believe will give you a discount.

Somebody escaped the garage yesterday and went for a little ride

Attachments

• image-1535999264.jpg
    image-1535999264.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 120
  • image-965392352.jpg
    image-965392352.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 124
Seems all is really quiet in the Midwest. I have some new beadlocks to assemble this weekend and skid plates to install. Good weekend to do it since its too cold to do anything else.

Seems all is really quiet in the Midwest. I have some new beadlocks to assemble this weekend and skid plates to install. Good weekend to do it since its too cold to do anything else.

Sounds like some fun projects! Where in Iowa are you from?

what size where your other wheels and tires again?

They were 38x13.5x 17 Yokohama Geolanders MTs mounted on Mickey Thompson Sidebitters
17x9
They measure true size on the jeep 36.7
Here's a pic of old and new
My new are 39x 13.5x17
On 17x 9 birddogs

Attachments

• image-1751808035.jpg
    image-1751808035.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1754631721.jpg
    image-1754631721.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 84
They were 38x13.5x 17 Yokohama Geolanders MTs mounted on Mickey Thompson Sidebitters
17x9
They measure true size on the jeep 36.7
Here's a pic of old and new
My new are 39x 13.5x17
On 17x 9 birddogs

I just wanna say.. Damn..!!

I just wanna say.. Damn..!!

I was a little scared because I was wanting 38 mounted right! Here's the size before I installed on jeep
39.5 !!
After all said they are sitting 39 exactly!!

Attachments

• image-2420879685.jpg
    image-2420879685.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 84
Sounds like some fun projects! Where in Iowa are you from?

I'm in the huge city of Eldridge, just out side of Davenport, how about you?

The bead locks were not as difficult as I imagined, about a half hour per wheel. I guess I was a bit apprehensive only because I have no experience with this type of wheel, I do like the looks though and am anxious to try them out in Moab in March.
photo_zps9e19d773.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom