Mike's Granite JKU "B.O.D." Build Thread

Mike's Granite JKU "B.O.D." Build Thread

More Wolf Caves 3/24-25 pics. Thanks to Flattop and a fellow jeeper’s wife for all of these!

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3289.JPG

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

Staring at the obstacle that would buckle my slider and damage my pass front body.

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3310.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Mike, you missed crashing into that rock...it even had an arrow pointing to where you were to crash into it...

Carnage from the weekend.

PS brawler rocker sliders mashed up. They have held up well until this weekend.

IMG_3323.jpg

Since they’re body mounted, they warped the body and pulled out the sheet metal. You can see it here - the skins are separated from the body. And the body no longer sits flush with the door. I need to replace these as this will just continue to happen in the future. I'll likely go with EVO's frame welded.

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

Lastly, I put a good hammering on my ram skid plate. It did exactly what it was supposed to do, but got mangled up pretty good. One of the impacts pushed it up into my tie rod and was making contact when steering. So Benito hooked his winch up to the skid from behind and pulled it back down about 1/8th of an inch. That will happen again so it definitely needs to be trimmed down.

IMG_3326.jpg

At the end of the day, I wouldn’t have done anything different on the trails. Enjoyed the company, weather, food, and challenging wheeling.

Last edited:
And this is how it looks after one wheeling trip? Looks like it caved right in, not sure I would compare that to EVO

The plate is used from the same material. But yes, you’re right. It’s not gusseted to the extent that EVO gussets theirs.

This isn’t the first time it’s been hit. It’s taken a good amount of abuse before this weekend. I should not the pic makes it look worse than it actually was. The plate was only pushed up a tiny bit to make contact with the tie rod. We tried prying and pulling on it with no success. Then took a cutting wheel to it to trim it down, then ran out of batteries about 1/3rd of the way through, and didn’t have a back up. Then pryed on it with a winch from behind. So it looks like its beat to shit, but really only caved a tiny bit. The rest was our own troubleshooting.

Exodus 4x4

The plate is used from the same material. But yes, you’re right. It’s not gusseted to the extent that EVO gussets theirs.

This isn’t the first time it’s been hit. It’s taken a good amount of abuse before this weekend. I should not the pic makes it look worse than it actually was. The plate was only pushed up a tiny bit to make contact with the tie rod. We tried prying and pulling on it with no success. Then took a cutting wheel to it to trim it down, then ran out of batteries about 1/3rd of the way through, and didn’t have a back up. Then pryed on it with a winch from behind. So it looks like its beat to shit, but really only caved a tiny bit. The rest was our own troubleshooting.

High. Steer. Kit.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

Glad you got it figured out. Are you thinking about a new skid plate?

High. Steer. Kit.

Yea, absolutely will have that done at some point. Probably before our move to Durham. Keep your phone lines free :)

Glad you got it figured out. Are you thinking about a new skid plate?

Yes, I'm going to have to do something different. That mangled piece of metal is a driving hazard the way it's sitting right now and I wouldn't trust hitting a rock again after this weekend. High steer and evo skid is in the future.

Top Bottom