Minimum lift for 37”?

iM7md

Hi,
I am running 37x17 tires with 4” EVO ENFORCER PRO lift with King shocks, I would like to know that is the minimum accepted lift height I can run?

daily driving 4” jeep is not practical :/

TrailHunter

Hooked
Whats not practical? You could probably step down to 3” with some trimming… but what are you really changing? 1”? You’ll still be pushing those 37’s… what is your gear ratio?

iM7md

gear ratio is 4.56, by not practical I meant I cannot go more than 100 km/h on highway and jeep also not very stable on road when it’s windy.

Sgt_USMC

Do a dry steering test to see what’s going on with the steering. What pressure are you running in the tires? You should be able to cruise very comfortably at 70-80 Mph.

iM7md

Thanks for your feedback, something strange alright but I am not sure what is wrong!
Tire pressure is 35psi

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As others have mentioned, your Jeep should run great if it's setup right. Hell, I run 42's on my JT and with almost 6" of lift. I'll run it at 95 mph or at least, down hill and with the wind at my back LOL

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m sure you know this… but you gotta go through your suspension and steering components.. Rod ends, Ball Joints, Unit Bearings, Steering box, Control Arm Joints… Worn out? Correct Torque? Pinion Angle, Toe alignment.. Etc.

I’m OCD when it comes to steering. I want that shit tight & tracking straight. It takes some effort to stay on top of things when you wheel your Jeep.

I just drove 12 hours to Moab.. replaced all my rod ends prior to the trip because things felt loose… The whole way there it felt uncomfortable.. steering was sloppy.. When I got to Moab I checked the torque on the Rod End castle nuts.. a couple were loose.. I pulled all the cotter pins and re-tightened them all.. The Jeep felt Brand new again!

I Was excited for the comfortable drive home… But with my luck the Wind was F’n Brutal for 8hrs straight. Had I not fixed the steering it would have been 10 times worse.

When I got home I was hearing a loud clunk on turns… The Synergy Draglink bolts were a little loose from wheelin.. Re-torqued.. all good.

My point is… you gotta check shit and replace shit to keep it tight.

bmkrinne

I’m running 4” EVO plush rides and Rancho 9000’s but as previous posts said there’s a bunch of components and bolted joints to check. The biggest issue for my Jeep was having too little neg caster after the lift. Jeep was flighty and sucked to drive. I’m running closer to -5 deg caster now and it runs 80 mph hands off.
BTW, 5.13 gears would be a lot nicer!!

jeeeep

Hooked
Hi,
I am running 37x17 tires with 4” EVO ENFORCER PRO lift with King shocks, I would like to know that is the minimum accepted lift height I can run?

daily driving 4” jeep is not practical :/
lots of good advice, my 2010 JKU on Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50x17 I can get it up to 100mph and all is well including in the wind but
I don't drive it like that because it creates a beating on the wallet and stress hoping there's a gas station near lol

What do you have for steering components? drag link flip?

If you are running stock axles, IMO, I would not go taller than 4.88 gear ratio, 5.13 makes the pinion too small.

Wind is a bugger and if you're vehicle is prone to bump steer, in my experience with my JKU, those wind gusts can make it more twitchy and unpredictable at higher speeds.

BlackKnight

I'm running an EVO Enforcer 4" with Bushwacker Flat Fenders on my JKU with 38"s and don't see any problems and ran it up one of the RTI ramps this past weekend and managed to push the tires all the way up in the wheel wells and almost put the rear wheel on the RTI ramp (pulled a 108" on a 20-degree ramp (120" wheelbase))...

If your think that the 4" is not enough, just go with Flat Fenders and you'll be fine.

PS> I daily drive my Jeep...

2012Rubicon2dr

iM7md,
I have a 2012 Rubicon 2dr as a daily driver and I am running 37x12.50R17 Ironman tires with 25psi (measures 35.5"), 17X9 wheels with 4.75" Back Space, 2" wheel spacers, 5.13 gears, 2" coil spring spacer, Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares, and trimmed pinch weld. I drive an hour to and from work at 80-90mph. I do get the typical "float" but I am installing the "Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets" (ordered) that should correct the "float". I have no rubbing issues and have had it in the air at the sand dunes going over a hill with no issues.

Just keep in mind that the advertised size of the tire is not the actual size of the tire and will depend on tire psi combined with the weight of the vehicle.

°lllllll°

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
iM7md,
I have a 2012 Rubicon 2dr as a daily driver and I am running 37x12.50R17 Ironman tires with 25psi (measures 35.5"), 17X9 wheels with 4.75" Back Space, 2" wheel spacers, 5.13 gears, 2" coil spring spacer, Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares, and trimmed pinch weld. I drive an hour to and from work at 80-90mph. I do get the typical "float" but I am installing the "Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets" (ordered) that should correct the "float". I have no rubbing issues and have had it in the air at the sand dunes going over a hill with no issues.

Just keep in mind that the advertised size of the tire is not the actual size of the tire and will depend on tire psi combined with the weight of the vehicle.

°lllllll°
Umm welcome? Not sure what any of that has to do with what he asked.

2012Rubicon2dr

Umm welcome? Not sure what any of that has to do with what
This was the answer to his question "I would like to know that is the minimum accepted lift height I can run?". I just stated what I have and what size lift I am using and what I did to make the 37" tire fit. Am I reading a different post than you or did he not ask that?

Top Bottom