Months Long Part Supply Issue

Those fuel line clips can be had but they are hard to find the right size. I ordered a few different ones and got one to fit. They are cheap and on Amazon.

When I installed my lift 11 years ago I broke the clip on the line that attaches to the fuel tank. When I called the dealer they said I'd have to buy a whole new fuel line. I took the 2 pieces and put them back in place. Since they broke they wouldn't stay in place. I wrapped the fitting with 3 wraps of electrical tape to hold them in place. Been good to go since. May be a way to get you by until you can source the clip.

Dorman makes them, my fuel line was leaking at the tank, and I replaced it with Dorman.

Also broke a retaining clip and replaced it with Dorman, Like OverlanderJK stated, get a few different sizes, the color matching do not always equate to the same size.

I'm not where I can look at the fuel line hose size, but I believe it's 3/8", you can also remove the connector and using calipers, measure the hose where it connects or the clip opening.

I bought a repair end kit for around $10 and carefully removed the clip to replace the broken clip.

Dorman makes them, my fuel line was leaking at the tank, and I replaced it with Dorman.

Also broke a retaining clip and replaced it with Dorman, Like OverlanderJK stated, get a few different sizes, the color matching do not always equate to the same size.

I'm not where I can look at the fuel line hose size, but I believe it's 3/8", you can also remove the connector and using calipers, measure the hose where it connects or the clip opening.

I bought a repair end kit for around $10 and carefully removed the clip to replace the broken clip.
very interesting, will look into this more, the dealer was saying you can't do that cause the hose has it "built in" but we also know how much to trust dealers, this makes a little more sense....

Here's pics of the broken clip end.... the good side, and the broken side:
IMG_7590.jpgIMG_7591.jpg

I did have thoughts that it might just be okay as is? just extra cautious with fuel.

Last edited:
That's fine. The white clip on the inside is what's holding the fuel line on. The blue clip is just a lock like the red part on your abs sensors.
that would be amazing news, meaning I can just put it back together and not worry about the back order for the new line!

If your concerned you might put a piece of tape around it to ensure it stays in place but I wouldn't hesitate to plug it in and run it.

If it bothers you or starts to drip you can always have a line made up out of AN hose and fittings. That would be far and above superior to the stock version and no backorder.

Edited to add link

If your concerned you might put a piece of tape around it to ensure it stays in place but I wouldn't hesitate to plug it in and run it.

If it bothers you or starts to drip you can always have a line made up out of AN hose and fittings. That would be far and above superior to the stock version and no backorder.

Edited to add link
this looks cool as well, thank you - how would one get that made? I like "better than oem" especially seeing as how mopar designs things haha

Top Bottom