MY 2023 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON 2 Dr.

nokones

Last Friday, I got my Jeep back from Total Off-Road & More. They installed the five Method 106 Beadlocks and the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss Tires, two Rigid Lightbars, two Rigid Ditch Lights at the "A" Pillers, the Rock Lights, front & Rear Icon Bumpers, Warn and EVO 10 Winch.

I placed my new Rhino USA Shackles on the bumpers and loaded up the rear cargo area with all the recovery equipment, Air Compressor and 4-Tire Speedflater, hand tools, and miscellaneous support equipment.

Today, I am waiting for my "B" Size Ball-mount and extension arm for my Garmin Tread Navigation System so I can install it. I should receive the Ram Mount stuff tomorrow (Monday).

Next on the agenda, is install the Mopar 2" Lift Kit which should arrive at the Jeep Dealer by the end of next week. The Rock Slider Side Step, Door Frame Sills, and the Heavy Duty Spare Tire Carrier at the Dealer and will be installed at the same time as the Lift Kit.

Also, I am waiting on the Fire Extinguisher Rollbar Mount. 20240121_144845_resized.jpg 20240121_144845_resized.jpg 20240121_144947_resized.jpg 20240121_145416_resized.jpg 20240121_145430_resized.jpg 20240121_145508_resized.jpg 20240121_145525_resized.jpg 20240121_145601_resized_1.jpg

2-door! You must have some brass ones!

I am interested as to how the Garmin Tread works out for you. It seems intended for side-by-sides and similar. Did you get the InReach option?

nokones

The Garmin Tread Overlander 10 has the InReach as a standard feature. I have not subscribed to the service and I'm not sure that I need that service at this time.

The Garmin Tread Overlander 10 has the InReach as a standard feature. I have not subscribed to the service and I'm not sure that I need that service at this time.
I have a Garmin Montana 700i that I use for InReach and detailed local maps. I do use the InReach sometimes. As far as I am aware, the Tread did not exist yet, or at least I was not aware of it.

I have the 700i mounted next to a 7" DriveSmart, which I use for road navigation. The 700i can do turn-by-turn road navigation (with audio) but it is much slower at routing and the screen is smaller, and dimmer. Regardless, it is nice to have totally different views while traveling.

InReach service is not too expensive and Garmin's billing seems to be accurate and fair.

Regardless, I am interested in how the Tread works out for you.

nokones

Since, the weather in Sun(less) City West had water droplets dropping out of the sky, I continued with prepping my 23 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr. for the trails. Today, after ordering the doo-hickey that goes around the spare tire to hold my Recovery Boars yesterday, I elected place the recovery boards inside my cargo area and strap down the boards on top of my support equipment container. It just fit with no room to spare.

Also, I finally received my "B" sized Ball Mounts and Arm Extension so I can mount my Garmin Tread Overlander Edition 10" Screen. Now, I have to figure out how to use it on the trails. I find it kinda difficult to use it. Too many steps to get to a map feature.

And, I installed my new Pro Tuning LED Tail Lights today and connected my Amber Rigid Fog Lights to the factory fog light circuit..

My pending mods are, the Mopar Two-Inch Lift (kit should be here by Friday), Mopar Rock Sliders/Side Steps, Mopar Door Frame Sills, and Heavy-Duty Mopar Spare Tire Carrier Bracing for the extra tire weight from the 35" Tire. 20240122_163550.jpg 20240122_164359.jpg 20240122_164018(0)_resized.jpg 20240122_164044(1).jpg

nokones

I installed my power points on the front bumper and I removed all my Recovery and support equipment, and took out my comms and navigation systems so I can take my Jeep to the dealer for the installation of the Mopar Lift Kit, Rear Tail Gate Spare Tire Reinforcement Kit, side step rock sliders. The lift kit arrived at the dealer today.
20240124_183332_resized.jpg

Top Bottom