My adventure begins...

sethccole

So! I'm not well known here and I'm pretty new into the Jeep life being that I just took delivery of my '14 JKR in July. Here is my break in adventure...in more than one way.

Starting off, I'm in Columbus, Georgia driving 4,725 miles (80 hours) to Fairbanks, Alaska. Go figure, I'm in the Army. Here's my route:

Route.jpg

Granted, not the most direct route, but that story will come Saturday ish.

Here's my baby, unloaded for weighing:

Unloaded jeep.jpg

And here she is all loaded down. CHECK OUT THAT LEAN!! Not the best, I understand, but not bad for 1800 lbs. :

Loaded jeep.jpg

The Alabama State line...thank the Lord for Georgia in my rear view mirror.

Alabama.jpg

The Mississippi State line.

Mississippi.jpg

I'll try to update every night! :thumb:

trailless

Caught the Bug
Looking forward to your updates! Drive safely and NO :yawn37: !!!

Wonder when you'll start hitting snow. :cool:

NAUJK

Yeah that is one adventure you got for yourself there! Drive safe an keep posting up pictures!

Armydog

Be safe brother, rest when you can and have a blast. Alaska or bust!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

bking_1

Its a beautiful trip but much better in warmer weather. God speed and take care. It's not a race but a marathon and quite the adventure. Can't wait to see your progress pictures.
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sethccole

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! Part two is now!

I left off in Mississippi and very quickly made my way across the Mississippi River into Louisiana....I thought there was a funny smell... :bleh:

Miss Rv..jpg

Louisiana .jpg

After a quick stop for gas (I'm getting anywhere from 12 to 18 depending) I made a wrong turn, even though I have navigation! :doh: But, I was pleasantly surprised!

Wrong Turn.jpg

After which, I corrected myself and made it to Texas without further incident! Thank the Lord.

Texas is home for me, no matter where I am in it. God Bless Texas.

Texas.jpg

And, immediately found a What-a-Burger. First one in over two years!

Whataburger.jpg

And, realized why I love Texas so much. This picture doesn't do it justice, but this flag is huge! Probably not football field size for the pregame shows, but close!

:usa:

Texas+America.jpg

More updates over the weekend. From here in Arlington I'll be staying the weekend with my girlfriends parents, then on to Lubbock, Texas for a week. After that I'll continue on the journey!

spicoli

Nice trip man. getting to be a rough time of year to go through the rockies and up to alaska. If you end up going towards Seattle, PM me and I'll meet you up for a beer or meal.

Redmow

That's cool of you to share this trip with all of us. It's giving me ideas. Safety first, soldier.:beer:

CanadianJK

You'll enjoy the trip, lots of wheeling in Alberta and BC if you have the time...

What are you running for tires? Law will require winter rated tires or tire chains when in the Alberta/BC mountains.

They are a must if a storm comes through. Otherwise take it easy and you'll be ok in 4HI

sethccole

OK! So, big news and related to the Jeep in a messed up way.

I stopped in Dallas to visit my girlfriends parents and introduce my parents to them as well...and to propose to my love. And so, I introduce to you the future Mrs. Cole!

Bre .jpg

I'll be spending the next two weeks in Lubbock, Texas, the dust bowl, for some R&R with my fiance! More updates after I take off!

:beer:

Jackal01

Congrats brother. I can honestly say getting married has been the best decision I have ever made!

Stay warm up there.

bkac

Caught the Bug
That's awesome! Congrats to the both of you and a great future ahead! Marriage is amazing, most of the time that is. :D
I wouldn't have our any other way!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Congrats On popping the question!!! :thumb: :thumb: Get some rest... the other half of that trip is going to be a little tougher that the first half !!!

Top Bottom