My life with a Brick

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I was just thinking about you and Brick, because I hadn't seen any updates this week! Could you tell if one was bad? Glad to see your back to making some progress.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I was just thinking about you and Brick, because I hadn't seen any updates this week! Could you tell if one was bad? Glad to see your back to making some progress.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes the bottom one was just flopping around when I knocked the knuckle off which was actually a relief to see an actual problem. I kept telling myself with no more miles than it had on it it couldn't be the ball joints but I was wrong.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Glad you gilt this figured out! That's gotta be a nightmare trying to chase that down. See, I knew you wore manly pants! ;)

JKbrick

did you get this finished up?

test drive?

I never made it back out to the garage yesterday [emoji853] getting ready to head out there soon I hope. Does everyone leave their abs wire going through the knuckle opening after doing ball joints or move it to the outside of the knuckle?

jeeeep

Hooked
I never made it back out to the garage yesterday [emoji853] getting ready to head out there soon I hope. Does everyone leave their abs wire going through the knuckle opening after doing ball joints or move it to the outside of the knuckle?

I put it back the way it was

JKbrick

Ok quick update, I know I'm as slow as a seven year itch.
IMG_7576.JPG
Ball joints installed, then I got the rest put together, all but torquing the 35mm axle nut and putting the tire back on. While my drag link and tie rod were off the knuckle I shot 3cc of grease in each boot. Figured it couldn't hurt
IMG_7578.JPG
I think I'm going to take Tuesday off and do the other side, should go faster since I've done one side now

Kalums

"While my drag link and tie rod were off the knuckle I shot 3cc of grease in each boot. Figured it couldn't hurt"

OK so what size syringe /needle and was it hard to push? I've also thought about doing this on non zerk fitted boots...

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom