My new Coilovers. :)

Rippin Lipz

When I talked to EVO, they told me that it would work if I could get my track bar to clear the upper control arm.

It works, but I had to move the upper control arm to the center hole in the truss, so that the track bar would fit over the top of it. RK told me that they would build a custom track bar for me if I needed one, but their track bar works.

I may get a new RK track bar though that is a little longer with a little more bend in it. I want more clearance over the upper control arm, so that I can move the control arm back to the top hole in the truss. With the control arm in the center hole of the truss, the anti-squat is more than I want and my JK rides a little stiffer over bumps because of it.

It is also a pain to work around the truss to make room for the pivot point heim mounting brackets on the axle. My brackets work, but I think that I'm going to move them forward of the truss since the axle has been moved back an inch with the RK control arms.

Well I'll be watching this. Keep me updated please, I might be following your lead :beer:

bo9roadking

Looks great!

Thanks.

So far everything is working well with the Rock Krawler 3-Link, but I had to make a couple of adjustments to get it to work.

Since the truss that supports the single upper control arm partially covers the evolever mounting bracket locations on the axle, I had to make new brackets. The new brackets allow me to weld one side of the bracket to the axle and the otherside to the truss. The new brackets set slightly higher off the axle than the evolever ones, so I had to shorten the heim arms that connect the axle to the evolever cantilever to keep the same uptravel. I'm keeping an eye on the brackets to make sure that they will hold up. If they start to bend or the welds aren't holding up, I'll have to try something else.

My existing RK trackbar clears the truss and doesn't hit anything when flexing, but I ordered a custom trackbar from RK that I hope will provide a little more clearance above the truss. I don't need the clearance for the current setup, but the RK 3-Link allows for different upper control arm mounting points on the truss to adjust anti-squat. With the current trackbar clearance over the truss, I can't move the upper control arm to the top mounting point in the truss. I don't know if I would ever adjust my anti-squat by moving the control arm to the top mounting point though because the ride gets pretty harsh when the control arm is in the top mounting postion. If for some reason there is a need to use the top position, I'm hoping the new trackbar will give me the extra clearance.

I'll post new photos after I get the trackbar and get it installed.

bo9roadking

Well I'll be watching this. Keep me updated please, I might be following your lead :beer:

I finally have it finished. Everything is working fine. I have the coilovers set at about 4.5" ride height. I had to fabricate a couple of brackets, order a custom trackbar from RK that was a 1/2" longer on each end, and I had to shorten the heim bar that connects the axle to the cantilever. I don't know if shortening the bar was necessary, but since the fabricated brackets that were welded on the axle were a little higher than the brackets from EVO, I shortened the heim bars to compensate for the bracket difference. I have full travel without bottoming out the shocks, so I don't think the shorter bars are a problem. I can always get longer bars if I need too.

Here is an underside shot of the rear. The Jeep is on a lift, so the axle is hanging to the passenger side. With the axle off center, the brackets are shifted slightly. You can see that the fabricated brackets are welded to the axle and the truss.

IMG_0378_small.jpg

Here is a profile of my Jeep about to get the 37" Toyo tires rotated. With the tires barely off the ground, you can see how much down travel the double throwdown is providing.
IMG_0381_small.jpg

I'm definitely happy with how the EVO Double Throwdown worked with my RK Long Arm. It took a little thinking outside of the box, but everything seems to be working great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom