My new Rubi, my new build

Its a great area, I have family up there and my wife and I would love to move up there. I just randomly found Stoney Lonesome on the net and look forward to checking it out next year after I get my JKU

Let me know when you are around this way

Flares showed up today. Got one one, like the look, just need some bigger tires to fill it out. They are very sturdy and extremely light weight. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445921240.526369.jpg

So I was interested in the oil pan skid. That's a complete new oil pan right? It would just seem to me that the weak point now would be the aluminum trans? Am I way off? What do you think

You are right about the weak point, but the oil pan is much weaker, and more exposed I guess you could say. For that reason it was my priority. I didn't get the full skids yet for serval reasons. But probably will in the near future. Just holding the EVO oil pan skid you can tell how much beefier/well built it is compared to other brands I've dealt with.

Edit. It's not a complete new oil pan just goes over the stock pan. (Just noticed that in your post)

You are right about the weak point, but the oil pan is much weaker, and more exposed I guess you could say. For that reason it was my priority. I didn't get the full skids yet for serval reasons. But probably will in the near future. Just holding the EVO oil pan skid you can tell how much beefier/well built it is compared to other brands I've dealt with.

Edit. It's not a complete new oil pan just goes over the stock pan. (Just noticed that in your post)

Thanks for the info, I'm my mind I just imagine a rock hitting it and cracking the trans case or something. EVO seems like a company who would have thought through that

Thanks for the info, I'm my mind I just imagine a rock hitting it and cracking the trans case or something. EVO seems like a company who would have thought through that

They make a trans skid as well. They are both included into the Pro tec skids

Finally had time to get the rear flares on. Love the look of these. We'll see how they hold up and if they can take a hit. I'll try to get some better pics. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446304144.991070.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446304144.991070.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446304144.991070.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 466
I know they aren't technically "needed" but I added some sway bar links with my EVO leveling kit. These things are beefy. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447299708.735029.jpg

Decided to keep my factory tire carrier when I get new tires(for now). So to get ready I had to loose my third brake light so the tire will still sit firmly pressed on the bumps to prevent rattling. Fabbed up a way to relocate it out the way. Happy with how it came out. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448838565.252027.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448838576.821424.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448838588.577895.jpg

Now I just need new tires.

Debating and still undecided. Either 35" cooper STT pro or 37" KM2 (they are only about 35.5" at 33psi under a jeep, and still weigh less than 35" Trail Grapplers)

I just mounted up a set of 37x12.50x17 Cooper STT Pros. Doing great on wet and dry roads. Haven't had a chance to get them offroad yet and we haven't had any snow or ice.

Top Bottom