My new to me EVO built rig

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I'm getting ready to change my diff fluid and had a question. On the pro rock 80 there is a lower over flow bolt and I'm sure you fill it up to that level. On the front pro rock 60 there is just the fill plug only. Do you fill it up to that level or would that be to much? Any recommendation on what type of fluid would help also. Thanks in advance.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm getting ready to change my diff fluid and had a question. On the pro rock 80 there is a lower over flow bolt and I'm sure you fill it up to that level. On the front pro rock 60 there is just the fill plug only. Do you fill it up to that level or would that be to much? Any recommendation on what type of fluid would help also. Thanks in advance.

Their should be a lower fill bolt as well. It may just be hidden by the fins

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

The small lower plug is a weep hole. You want to fill the differential till the fluid starts to ooze out of it.

That being said, you also NEED to remove the plug on TOP of the housing near the pinion and add fluid there as well. I typically start there and add in close to a quart, reinstall the bolt and then finish up through the main fill port. If you have an ARB, I would recommend you use a heavy weight dino. Do NOT use synthetic as it will ruin the ARB o-ring.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
The small lower plug is a weep hole. You want to fill the differential till the fluid starts to ooze out of it.

That being said, you also NEED to remove the plug on TOP of the housing near the pinion and add fluid there as well. I typically start there and add in close to a quart, reinstall the bolt and then finish up through the main fill port. If you have an ARB, I would recommend you use a heavy weight dino. Do NOT use synthetic as it will ruin the ARB o-ring.

Great, thanks a lot.

Top Bottom