My own JK 'Big Brake' research:

Ddays

Hooked
Do not have these yet - are next up on my mod list this Fall.

I have never read or heard of ANY issues with this kit. Unlike the Wilwood, these are JK specific and tested. Don't you sleep man?

PabloK

Do not have these yet - are next up on my mod list this Fall.

I have never read or heard of ANY issues with this kit. Unlike the Wilwood, these are JK specific and tested. Don't you sleep man?

That's good to hear..

not recently... I'm on 24 hour rotations at the hospital.

Jeep/automotive stuff keeps me going.

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I hear you.. your probably right. What do mean the loctite sounds different? (Your last comment)

Smelled like pennies when i inspected it.

I've not heard of anyone using loctite on their caliper bolt. im taking that stuff apart quite often for cleaning and would get pretty annoyed if I had to deal with loctite every time.. I have had issues with caliper bolts coming loose and poor performance from not torquing properly, a mistake on my part.

rinkishjk

90k on my jk, multiple times the calipers have been removed and reinstalled by me, Never loctite on any of my bolts, and not one has ever come loose. Shocking.

geberhard

Douchebag
Bringing an old thread back to the top. For those that have done axle swaps, and did not care about ABS, did you just upgraded the MC and booster and bypassed the ABS stuff? Anyone on one ton dual piston Fords and 3/4 ton chevy rears running the JK8 setup with good results? thanks!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Bringing an old thread back to the top. For those that have done axle swaps, and did not care about ABS, did you just upgraded the MC and booster and bypassed the ABS stuff? Anyone on one ton dual piston Fords and 3/4 ton chevy rears running the JK8 setup with good results? thanks!

Long story short, no.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CherryRellik

I guess I'm another idiot who found this thread, READ THE ENTIRE THING, came away with nothing. Awesome. Thanks majik.

Sorry for the zombie reply.

Braxtonsag

Idk about reading 51 pages worth of chatting but did the ram brakes work? I keep seeing people saying the crown bbk is just newer ram 1500 brakes.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Reading through this, the best take away is the Dynatrac Progrips with stock axles is the best stuff out there, which by the way just had installed in the jeep today.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jab1719

Reading through this, the best take away is the Dynatrac Progrips with stock axles is the best stuff out there, which by the way just had installed in the jeep today.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That’s what i installed, very happy with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom