Name That Tool

pbeabout

A super old pipe cutter maybe

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have thought about that, but the inside of the chain does not have any projections or rollers to do any cutting. I think it is some sort of chain wrench. It is marked Truax&Co. Like I said, haven't ever been able to find anything like it anywhere. If anyone knows for sure, I would love to know. Your turn.

black pearl

Hooked
I have thought about that, but the inside of the chain does not have any projections or rollers to do any cutting. I think it is some sort of chain wrench. It is marked Truax&Co. Like I said, haven't ever been able to find anything like it anywhere. If anyone knows for sure, I would love to know. Your turn.

Yeah my first thought was chain clamp it's definitely really neat

pbeabout

Yeah my first thought was chain clamp it's definitely really neat

Did some more research tonight, and it is not a wrench. It in an "Ecraseur Amputation Tool" Totally cool and not what I thought it was at all. Ouch

Medical Definition of écraseur
: a surgical instrument containing a chain or wire loop that is used to encircle and sever a projecting mass of tissue (as the testicles of a horse or a pedicled tumor) by gradual tightening of the chain or loop

black pearl

Hooked
Did some more research tonight, and it is not a wrench. It in an "Ecraseur Amputation Tool" Totally cool and not what I thought it was at all. Ouch

: a surgical instrument containing a chain or wire loop that is used to encircle and sever a projecting mass of tissue (as the testicles of a horse or a pedicled tumor) by gradual tightening of the chain or loop

That is brutal and amazing... I love old stuff like that I have a few old bone saws that are neat

JKbrick

Gradual tightening? Holy shit and testicles all in the same definition

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
While we're waiting on the other one to be named, thought I'd throw this one into the mix. Chances are that you will only know what it is if you have actually used it.

0127171534.jpg

Top Bottom