Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm

At the firehouse today and going to try to get everything installed with the CB.

Also got hit with a rock in my drivers side window that put a nice big ole chip in the window. [emoji35]

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
At the firehouse today and going to try to get everything installed with the CB.

Also got hit with a rock in my drivers side window that put a nice big ole chip in the window. [emoji35]

Ouchhhh looks like a repair is in need
That really hurts man being that Steel is brand new

Napalm

For a small increase in your monthly premiums, they'll do just about anything :bleh:

While I am sure they could do something, I'll probably just leave it be. It's a small chip that only I can see, while it drives my OCD crazy, thinking about getting it fixed sounds like more of a hassle than what it's worth.

Napalm

In the shop(or firehouse #2;)) for the install of my CB radio.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463004338.762642.jpg

Taking our first break already due to the humidity..

Napalm

Steel is going to need a new windshield.. But the CB install is now complete. Pictures to come soon!

USMC Wrangler

Sucks about the windshield. In the 2 yrs, 2 mos I lived in Texas I had three windshields. So far so good in AZ, plus we have $0 deductible glass coverage here. I had to claim my previous breaks under comprehensive in TX. Anyway, good luck with it.

Napalm

Starting out, we removed part of the TrekTop and ran a 20ft coax through the roll bar.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463024639.459973.jpg
Then, we began disassembling the dash and pillars to run the wires
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463024687.799117.jpg
Attaching the Rugged Ridge mount
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463024711.762821.jpg
Working well into the evening
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463024805.643656.jpg
Making all the final wiring adjustments and making sure the CB will be grounded correctly
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463024853.408895.jpg
While mounting the CB unit, we ended up putting the rear view mirror in a bind and then CRACK!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463024942.249729.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463024971.976780.jpg
The windshield now has a large crack and no rear view mirror. Headed to the glass shop first thing in the morning!
Even after the battle wound, finished up the install of the CB. Will grab more photos tomorrow!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463025258.237760.jpg

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Dang Nathan you already got hit by a rock now ripped out the rear view mirror goodnight
I think I see a new windshield and banner coming

Top Bottom