Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm

Nice, it's weird seeing Steel all buttoned up.

Tell me about it, if it weren't for the rain though, I'd be topless/doorless as always.

Off and Running! I am looking forward to the rest....

Likewise.. Can't get these parts installed fast enough!

I really like the bumperless look with the D-rings. I intended to get the fascia but never bothered. Looking good!

Thank you! I am a fan of it too. It's just one of those things you don't need :)

Kyle7R

Load up the jeep and head on down south bound. the Houston boys will help get you up and running in a few hours :yup: ... and probably 7-10 beers :cheesy:

Hell, he can just meet me half way and I'll send my JK home with him. Steel will be safe with us for a few days :beer::beer:

TRAVERSER

Before heading to work for a few days, I had to lay my eyes on all these parts! I must say I am very happy I went with the Stinger again. Pulling it out of the box made me realize that it was one of my favorite things about Onyx and it's definitely unique around here in Texas.
View attachment 214679

Sorry, I'm new to this forum and following your thread. Being new to what is what..are the items on the left drop links for the lower controll arms? If so, is that recomended for the leveling kit?

I to have a JKU (though mine is a Rubicon and hardtop) and am thinking of this leveling kit.

Pulled the rear bumper, removed the frame sticker, and put a coat a paint over where it was in prep for the EVO D Ring mounts
View attachment 214959

Did you already install the leveling kit. if so do you have a whole vehicle shot? Thanks in advance!:thumb:

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Sorry, I'm new to this forum and following your thread. Being new to what is what..are the items on the left drop links for the lower controll arms? If so, is that recomended for the leveling kit?

I to have a JKU (though mine is a Rubicon and hardtop) and am thinking of this leveling kit.

Did you already install the leveling kit. if so to you have a whole vehicle shot? Thanks in advance!:thumb:

If you're referring to the somewhat triangle shaped brackets, those are the EVO rear d-ring mounts that go in the rear frame.

Napalm

Did you already install the leveling kit. if so do you have a whole vehicle shot? Thanks in advance!:thumb:

First off, thanks for following my build thread. I appreciate it :)

as thardy said those are the D Ring mounts for the rear. You will not need anything for the leveling kit other that the springs and the rear pucks. You can add in some sway bar links and extended bump stops if you want, but they are not needed.

I do not have the EVO kit installed yet unfortunately. I'm hoping to within the next week.

TRAVERSER

Oh, it just looks like you already installed it since there is more space in your wheelwell in the last photo you posted. Can't wait to see how it goes!

Top Bottom