Need help got a weird problem

PrestonBarringer

OK my airbag light comes on when I start and won't turn off so I read a few threads and came up with the connector under the driver seat being corroded. Well I cleaned it and still having the same problem. The fan for the heat doesn't work when the light is on. When I turn the jeep off for half a second the fan comes on.... weird right? Well I can turn the key a very little bit back towards me while the jeep is running and the fan will come on and if I turn it a little more where the engine starts to stall the light goes off. Any ideas on what's wrong? It's a 2002 TJ BTW.

Unknown

Not sure but could be dirty contacts or worn out contacts in your ignition barrel. Had similar problem in a previous vehicle years ago, had to turn the key on hard for it to start, managed to take the barrel apart and the contacts inside were worn out. Not sure if you can do that on yours. Failing that, maybe a new barrel. Hopefully someone else with more of an idea will have an answer

PrestonBarringer

That's all I could come up with too I just don't understand how the airbags and the heater fan is connected... Those are the only two things effected heat works just doesn't blow out the way it should. Thanks for your help

PrestonBarringer

Did some more research. Everyone on the inter webs that have problems with their ignitions are saying either there jeeps won't start or they cut off while driving. One person said there radio was the only thing effected. Another question for yaw... Do recalls expire? Jeep had a recall to fix these problems

Unknown

If you haven't already done so, I would check that all your electrical connections are firm and clean, starting from your battery and working from there, sometimes that's all it is. As for the recalls, not sure but could try a dealer although they might say it's just normal wear because of its age. Wish I could be more positive help for you and hope it works out for you

thardy

Banned
Did some more research. Everyone on the inter webs that have problems with their ignitions are saying either there jeeps won't start or they cut off while driving. One person said there radio was the only thing effected. Another question for yaw... Do recalls expire? Jeep had a recall to fix these problems

As far as I know, recalls do not expire.

Top Bottom