New diff cover suggestions please

dhughes

Banned
I had my rear cover catch a rock on the lip and it peeled it up and basically tore it. I was able to use some rtv and a hammer to get off the trail well....finished the weekend just had to make sure to top it off every few hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Tackerdown

Banned
Please, all we did was go to the mall. Here's a shot of you going over one of the small speed bumps...

attachment.php

:cheesy:

I love this pic I'd probably shit myself

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I had my rear cover catch a rock on the lip and it peeled it up and basically tore it. I was able to use some rtv and a hammer to get off the trail well....finished the weekend just had to make sure to top it off every few hours.

First off, peeling the bottom of your diff cover is far from a break. Second, as I had mentioned back on post #14, a FREE and easy fix/preventative measure for this is to simply grind the bottom of the cover's lip so that it sits slightly above the base of your differential housing. Had you done that from the get go, you would have never had this happen.

I love this pic I'd probably shit myself

I'm the one taking the shot and just about did myself. :crazyeyes:

Of all the ways to get two wheels on the same side off the ground, this is probably the safest way. Id also probably squirt in my pants too.

What you don't see is that at one point, all 4 wheels got off the ground. He almost went over.

dhughes

Banned
First off that was my point in posting what I did. Never said it was a break.

bnatt78

I am sorry if I forgot to mention it was a factory cover. All I remember it had to replace. The dealership just wanted to charge me for a new factory cover. I said I was going put something better on and I think they went crazy with the rtv on it. I did the replacing back in 2011 and don't remember what it looked like. I think I dented it real bad? Like I said I am sorry if I got any one mad for not mention it! I apologize!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dhughes

Banned
:cheesy: Okay, I see that one went over your head. Forget I said anything :crazyeyes:

Sorry I didn't read into you bullshit sarcasm. I'll try harder next time.

Back to the topic...I would run stock unless you just want a new diff cover. Like what's been said just clearance the lip some so it doesn't cause problems.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am sorry if I forgot to mention it was a factory cover. All I remember it had to replace. The dealership just wanted to charge me for a new factory cover. I said I was going put something better on and I think they went crazy with the rtv on it. I did the replacing back in 2011 and don't remember what it looked like. I think I dented it real bad? Like I said I am sorry if I got any one mad for not mention it! I apologize!

What?? Nobody said that you forgot to mention you had a factory cover. Nobody is questioning that you decided to change it out for something better. If there is something I'm questioning it's your story about how you now supposedly BROKE your factory differential cover and that's why you replaced it with a riddler. If you really did BREAK your factory cover, I'd like to see proof of it. If you can't, you do have something to apologize for and that's for making up stories. There are a lot of people on here who have limited budgets and in my opinion, scaring them into buying thing they don't really need is just not cool.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: Had a little too much eggnog today? Stay with me here - you started off your post by saying "First", as in, there was more but then, you didn't follow it up with anything. Hence, why I asked "second?" I was merely thinking you had more to say and there was absolutely no "bullshit sarcasm" about it. But hey, you can believe whatever it is you want to believe - it is after all, Christmas. :yup:

dhughes

Banned
First off, peeling the bottom of your diff cover is far from a break. Second, as I had mentioned back on post #14, a FREE and easy fix/preventative measure for this is to simply grind the bottom of the cover's lip so that it sits slightly above the base of your differential housing. Had you done that from the get go, you would have never had this happen.

I'm the one taking the shot and just about did myself. :crazyeyes:

What you don't see is that at one point, all 4 wheels got off the ground. He almost went over.

Started off like you did. Decided I didn't need a second.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Back to the topic...I would run stock unless you just want a new diff cover. Like what's been said just clearance the lip some so it doesn't cause problems.

'Tis the season...

...to be butthurt over nothing I guess.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
It is pretty well documented that aftermarket covers (particularly the Dynatrac and the ARB units) increase sexual appeal by 600%.

Top Bottom