New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

boardsurfer

For people who have had this installed for a long time now how are you liking it? Still feel as solid today as day 1?

Solid as day 1. Had some squeaking issues, but they were my fault. After figuring that out, it has been completely silent. I haven't even thought about looking at the rubber bumpers until now though. :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Solid as day 1. Had some squeaking issues, but they were my fault. After figuring that out, it has been completely silent. I haven't even thought about looking at the rubber bumpers until now though. :thumb:

Thanks for the reply. My buddy cyoung16, who just recently joined, has been looking at it but I couldn't give to much of an opinion since I haven't seen it in person. Was hoping the wayalife fam would be able to give me feedback for him

Nic Try

I had one installed 2 months ago, very high quality almost OEM in fit/finish. I had Evo install it due to time/laziness factor, i wish i would have thrown the lic pale relocation kit on it too.

One think to note, i does locate the tire about 2" higher, so you lose alot of visibility, not a deal killer (i have a rear view Cam) but something to note....... but i could not be happier with my choice TBO.

Again Evo delivers another product that beyond reproach....

zimm

Caught the Bug
One think to note, i does locate the tire about 2" higher, so you lose alot of visibility, not a deal killer (i have a rear view Cam) but something to note....... but i could not be happier with my choice TBO.

Well, not entirely true. There're 3 heights the tire can be located. At first I had it at the lowest setting, but it was actually too low for me. The middle setting and a 35" tire lets me see traffic behind me pretty well. I bet yours is at the highest setting...

JKUx

Got it all done. The tail gate swings better than stock. I'm so happy with it. I'm still waiting on the ACE fascia and D-ring things. I zip tied the 7 pin connector above the frame since it would hang too low under. Not sure for a permanent solution. My 3' CB antenna is now too tall for my garage, so I ordered a 2' firestick with spring. That should fit. The back up lights are on the way, and the back up camera will go on after the fascia is installed. The factory hitch is 7" closer to the frame than the Ace bumper hitch, that should make a big difference with tongue weight.

33472474892_2a38ec28b5_b.jpg

32815236853_fdf2ac0cca_b.jpg

Ordering mine soon...looks legit!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nic Try

Well, not entirely true. There're 3 heights the tire can be located. At first I had it at the lowest setting, but it was actually too low for me. The middle setting and a 35" tire lets me see traffic behind me pretty well. I bet yours is at the highest setting...

You are probably very right, ill have to play with that, but overall i have zero regrets. And id buy it again

boardsurfer

Is there enough adjustment on this carrier to mount a stock Rubi wheel/35"? Or will I need a spacer due to the backspacing?

I have the slide as far back as it will go for my wheel with 3.5 backspacing, and the tire is just making contact with the rest of the carrier. If you were to extend it out 2 inches that would in theory cover 5.5 inch backspacing and still have the tire snug. Just my best guess, but seems plausible. (I dont know the BS for a stock wheel).

zimm

Caught the Bug
No way. I have an AEV wheel with 5.2" backspace and 2 metal plates as spacers (AEV 3rd brake light, and JKS plate mount) and I'm maxed out with no adjustment left. I'm moving up to ATX chamber pro bead locks with 4" backspace next week so that will fix the issue. For stock wheels for sure you'll need a spacer.

MacRubi2

Ordered mine last night....

Reading through some of the responses from last year I see some weren't receiving the correct hardware.

For the ones that have bought in the last month or so did you get all of the proper hardware?

LasVegasJK

Ordered mine last night....

Reading through some of the responses from last year I see some weren't receiving the correct hardware.

For the ones that have bought in the last month or so did you get all of the proper hardware?

Mine is scheduled to be delivered Wednesday. I'm sure it's all figured out by now. Also, my friend that installed his 3 weeks ago made no mention of hardware being incorrect or missing

zimm

Caught the Bug
Mine came with all the right hardware. Pick up some texture black rustoleum to fix the damaged areas in the powder coat. Also plan to shopvac green styrofoam peanuts for 20 minutes.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have a dilemma now.Whether to get this carrier of save more and get their big boy carries with corners.

Well after seeing a gen right carrier in person, I was pretty jealous. It so slick looking with a smaller 35-37" tire. But then I have to remind myself that I'm CONSTANTLY in the back of the jeep with the ARB fridge and having kids. Pulling 2 pins and opening the gate would get on my nerves after a while (I think). The antenna mount is built in and I just bolted on the hi-lift mount and it's really nice. I just hope the 2, 5/16" bolts hold that thing on!

Top Bottom