New guy in need of help!

Hey ekemail20, are the shocks on the front different from the back? The rear one looks painted, but the front looks like it isn't. Maybe the front are rubi shocks?
Can you tell us what the mods are you have made?

Both shocks have definitely been painted, but I cannot find a part number on the damn things to save my life. So far all the mods I have done have been pretty low cost. I cut the bumper, added smittybilt XRC fenders (a birthday present from my wife), bed lined the tub, and added a Volant CAI that I got from someone in a trade. I haven't done anything to the suspension yet due to my lack of knowledge in what I have and what I should do first. Hoping to pick up some advice from you seasoned guys before I go spending a large chunk of change on my suspension

JeepDrum

Those are painted Rough Country shocks. That's a Rough Country rear track bar bracket also. Knowing that, I'd assume the whole kit is RC. If you have a chance, take a picture of the front track bar at the frame side, and also the pitman arm. You may have a dropped pitman arm too. My Jeep had a lift kit on it when I bought it with all of these components installed. I just saw a Jeep that looked sweet and didn't know any better so I bought it. I've been slowly switching them out as funds allow. When I took off my RC shocks and coils, I could pretty much compress the shocks with little effort.

Last edited:

Dalton gang

Thanks jeeeeep!very helpful. Im looking into switching out my shocks, there RC, way to soft . Im running the rubi expess 3 1/2 coils and traction bars they seem ok but once i switch the shocks out i hope the bounce im getting around 70,75 miles an hour mellows out a little, shit i balance the tires every 5000 miles or so

Top Bottom