New License Plate Bracket & Vandalism

Anybody installed the rockhard plate relocation bracket with lite on a factory carrier? If so, how did you route the wiring?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Anybody installed the rockhard plate relocation bracket with lite on a factory carrier? If so, how did you route the wiring?

I used to run their bracket with the oro light on my factory carrier. I went through a rubber grommet and the wiring is behind that black panel on the tail gate. I had to remove the subwoofer and other plastic to get into the passenger corner from the inside. Wasn't hard. I really liked the rh bracket. But i upgraded to a heavy duty license plate holder since.

Attachments

• 1427393885269.jpg
    1427393885269.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 112
I used to run their bracket with the oro light on my factory carrier. I went through a rubber grommet and the wiring is behind that black panel on the tail gate. I had to remove the subwoofer and other plastic to get into the passenger corner from the inside. Wasn't hard. I really liked the rh bracket. But i upgraded to a heavy duty license plate holder since.

Yea i wanted to try and use the wiring channel already in the tailgate if you can. Then back out the hole/grommet already in the gate for the original 3rd brk light. Is that the way you went?

olram30

Yea i wanted to try and use the wiring channel already in the tailgate if you can. Then back out the hole/grommet already in the gate for the original 3rd brk light. Is that the way you went?

It's been a while, but I think so. I just ran the wire from the oro light into the passenger side corner, but I think I used maybe the brown wire for something. I'd have to look, been a while. I had to redo everything with my tire carrier. It's not hard by any means.

Used OEM wire to the factory plug in the tailgate for the 3rd brake light. then only had to run 1 wire to the passenger tail light and tied into the tail light wire (white-purple stripe) for the license plate light.

Used OEM wire to the factory plug in the tailgate for the 3rd brake light. then only had to run 1 wire to the passenger tail light and tied into the tail light wire (white-purple stripe) for the license plate light.

It's been a while, but I think so. I just ran the wire from the oro light into the passenger side corner, but I think I used maybe the brown wire for something. I'd have to look, been a while. I had to redo everything with my tire carrier. It's not hard by any means.

Cool. Im gonna tare into it this evening. I want it to be as clean and factory like as possible.

Is this the setup you got?

Attachments

• 1427396484839.jpg
    1427396484839.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 86
Cool. Im gonna tare into it this evening. I want it to be as clean and factory like as possible.

When you pull the passenger side plastic the wire harness goes through a rubber plug to avoid having to peel all the shielding off - run the wire through the plug and splice in inside the void behind the light.

I used one of there - piece of cake
Unknown.jpeg

When you pull the passenger side plastic the wire harness goes through a rubber plug to avoid having to peel all the shielding off - run the wire through the plug and splice in inside the void behind the light.

I used one of there - piece of cake
View attachment 133469

Ha. I hope so. Im not very electrically savy. Where did u get that piece?

Gotcha. did u run the wires from the RH led throught the oem grommet in the tailgate to get inside?

I just ran it through the vent behind my tramp stamp then along the factory wiring behind the flat plastic piece on the inside of the tailgate then followed the factory wiring to the the passenger side tail light area. I have all the holes in my tail gate plugged.

I just ran it through the vent behind my tramp stamp then along the factory wiring behind the flat plastic piece on the inside of the tailgate then followed the factory wiring to the the passenger side tail light area. I have all the holes in my tail gate plugged.

Im with ya. So here i am....trying to decide which wire to cut and where. lol

Attachments

• 1427413337705.jpg
    1427413337705.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 69

olram30

That rubber grommet on top is where you should go into. There is the third brake light wire on the tail gate for the stop, I think it was Brown. Then inside the passenger side is the white and purple for the license plate light. Then black is ground.
The white and purple is running lights that trigger the license plate light.

I used the 2 wires from the stock tail light for 3rd brake light and ground then only had to run 1 wire to the passenger tail/running light

Top Bottom