New Rubicon Wheels with Larger Tires (Pics and Stats) Please!

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
IMG_4547.jpg
Only downside if want to keep them shiny, be careful in the rocks. Mine get more character every wheeling trip [emoji41]

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

scull20

View attachment 237943
Only downside if want to keep them shiny, be careful in the rocks. Mine get more character every wheeling trip [emoji41]

I seem to notice a new scuff here and there myself.

Some action shots...these wheels have treated me well this far on and off the trail.

35" Mud Grapplers, 3" Enforcer, 1.5" wheel spacers.
290.jpg IMG_1654.JPG

catahoula

Caught the Bug
View attachment 237305
View attachment 237306
35x12.50 Toyo open country , 2.5" front, 1 3/4" rear budget boost , 1.5" wheel spacers

View attachment 237321 35 on my 2 door

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I seem to notice a new scuff here and there myself.

Some action shots...these wheels have treated me well this far on and off the trail.

35" Mud Grapplers, 3" Enforcer, 1.5" wheel spacers.
View attachment 238041 View attachment 238042

Nice guys!

GearHead71

Those of you running the stock Rubicon wheels and 35s and stock tire carrier: do you need anything to get the spare to fit? I was almost positive I'd need a relocation bracket or spacer but I read some were able to get it to fit without.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Napalm

Those of you running the stock Rubicon wheels and 35s and stock tire carrier: do you need anything to get the spare to fit? I was almost positive I'd need a relocation bracket or spacer but I read some were able to get it to fit without.

You can use a 1.5inch spacer I believe. Make sure you properly isolate it as well!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

You can use a 1.5inch spacer I believe. Make sure you properly isolate it as well!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This isn't 100% required. If you remove your rear bumper and chop down the third brake light you can get it on the stock carrier with a little bit of pushing and getting a few threads on the lugs by hand, then tighten them down. This will pull the tires snugly into the isolators.

I've been running mine like this for almost 10 months with no issues.

If you want ease of installation/removal of the tire and don't wish to remove your bumper or chop your third brake light, then you'll need a spacer.

Dopey84

I'm running my stock wheels on stock carrier with 35 12.50s no issues just gotta get a few threads started it will snug down no issues

Dopey

catahoula

Caught the Bug

I had the hopes of using this in the future. Turns out they only recommend for up to 33's on stock carrier.

TERAFLEX SPARE TIRE EXTENSION BRACKET (97-17 WRANGLER TJ & JK)

teraflex bracket.jpeg

Draconianwinter

20161230_232317.jpeg
My silver rubi on maxxis razr mt's 35x12.5 on stock wheels. Running evo 2" Plush ride front springs and 1.75" spacer on rear. Definitely have to trim the fenders though. They rub really bad on the rear

sent from your basement

Draconianwinter

Interesting, I was going to do the same thing. I thought the whole point of those was to fit a 35. Lol

I had the hopes of using this in the future. Turns out they only recommend for up to 33's on stock carrier.

TERAFLEX SPARE TIRE EXTENSION BRACKET (97-17 WRANGLER TJ & JK)

View attachment 242075
I have that on mine for now or rather a simular one from rugged Ridge I believe. The problem with the stock carrier is the tailgate itself. It is very weak and doesn't like the weight of the tires and wheels over a 33 inch tire. It seem they will hold up for a little bit, but they will start to mess up the tailgate eventually. If odd road I would say it is a good idea to remove the spare and throw in the back if you can.

sent from your basement

Top Bottom