New sport or used Rubicon?

P1TBU11

I'm going to be trading my JK in on a JKU and I'm faced with deciding between a new Sport or a used Rubicon. The Rubicon that I'm currently considering is a '12 with 11 thousand miles.

If faced with a similar decision what would you guys do?

Grubbicon

To me it would depending on build plans. If you plan to keep the parts that make a Rubicon a Rubicon then it's definitely worth it. But if your looking to go crazy with it then Id go for the sport.

Journeyman

To me it would depending on build plans. If you plan to keep the parts that make a Rubicon a Rubicon then it's definitely worth it. But if your looking to go crazy with it then Id go for the sport.

Exactly what grubbicon said. I have a Rubicon that been great and still on mostly stock axles. But if I were to do it again I would go super basic sport with half doors and save the money for upgrades. But when I bought mine I had no idea what I was getting into. I thought max leveled and 33's now I'm at three inches and 35's looking at 37's soon.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Last edited:

rogerk93

I would go with the cheaper option and put the money towards modifications. Once you start changing things your going to want to do more and more.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Members, just wanted you all to know who we are dealing with, someone here for free shit and not wanting to help. His only contribution was a PM which states:

"Get a life faggot"

Wow. What a guy.

Napalm

In my situation, knowing that I don't wheel much and knowing that I'll never go larger than a 35 inch tire, I went with a new JKU Sport. I was able to get the options I wanted and forgo the ones I didn't want.

I wheel maybe 1-5 times a year, my Jeep mostly is a daily driver. I didn't plan on replacing the axles(unless I had too), and I don't plan on running a larger tire than the 35. Because of these and several other considerations, I went with a New sport. I couldn't justify the money for the Rubicon with my budget.

Get what works for you and your budget.

I went with a basic sport half doors 3:21 gears basic everything because I thought I was going to do a pro rock right away, but life happens. Wishing now I would have went with a used rubicon just because of the upgraded axles, Lockers, the Tcase and even the sway bar disco. My vote is the rubicon [emoji106]

Lance628

I'm going to be trading my JK in on a JKU and I'm faced with deciding between a new Sport or a used Rubicon. The Rubicon that I'm currently considering is a '12 with 11 thousand miles.

If faced with a similar decision what would you guys do?

This fucking douche is back again Jesus they never really do leave do they

SPOOOBY

Agree if your wanting 40's go with the sport

Top Bottom