New symptom to old problem

Update: their hi-tech scan recommends a flash update for the ECM and I'm told it should take care of the fuel/timing issue AND the evap issue. We'll see.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tigrcky

Update: their hi-tech scan recommends a flash update for the ECM and I'm told it should take care of the fuel/timing issue AND the evap issue. We'll see.

Told you it was in the computer...

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Told you it was in the computer...

Well, it isn't done yet. I still have to drive it after the flash. Also, I see what is meant by "soft codes", it's throwing codes because I have aftermarket seats eventhough I transfered all of the weight sensors and such to the new frames. Will have to make sure I mounted them right is all.

Tigrcky

Well, it isn't done yet. I still have to drive it after the flash. Also, I see what is meant by "soft codes", it's throwing codes because I have aftermarket seats eventhough I transfered all of the weight sensors and such to the new frames. Will have to make sure I mounted them right is all.

Glad you saw that

All better. Thought a heard a knock but was probably my imagination, but it isn't such a struggle to get up to freeway speed now. Haven't smelled anything funny except the Mrs. It did show "NO BUS" on the display when I reinstalled the tuning but it still installed ok.
AND...Why am I not allowed to post pics?!!

Good thing it's fixed because this was MumboJumbo's replacement. I could've done 40's on it, no problem! 1392079212136.jpg

So... After the drive back up the hill, the results are in. The thing rattles like a tin can half full of marbles, and it stinks! Still knocking and it still has a deiseling smell to it, but it didn't seem to load up any and didn't stall out..Yet. The evap code is gone at the moment, but I have a hunch it will rear it's head first thing in the morning when I go out to start it up.

Tigrcky

So... After the drive back up the hill, the results are in. The thing rattles like a tin can half full of marbles, and it stinks! Still knocking and it still has a deiseling smell to it, but it didn't seem to load up any and didn't stall out..Yet. The evap code is gone at the moment, but I have a hunch it will rear it's head first thing in the morning when I go out to start it up.

Flash didn't take call them and demand answers

So, this morning I went for a short drive to warm it up and the evap code appears to be gone for good. On a hunch, I retuned to 87 octane rather than the 91 I had been running and found a hill to pull. No power and also NO KNOCK. Looks to me like I have a tuner gone wrong, maybe time to give Super chips a call. Is it possible they sent me the wrong tuner in the first place?

Just called Superchips. Guy I talked to had the compassion of the IRS. According to him, my flashpack needs an update (the same one I just did recently) and that there's no chance at all that I got the wrong one in the first place or this one might be defective. It could be time to give Procal or Bullydog a try.

jeeeep

Hooked
did you return the tune back to stock before they flashed the ECM? I recall you also said it showed "NO BUS" on the display when you reinstalled the SuperChips tune.
Did you explain this to SuperChips? I know on the later Jeeps it's supposed to be ok to flash the ECM without returning it back to stock, but I'm wondering if the tune isn't hosed

did you return the tune back to stock before they flashed the ECM? I recall you also said it showed "NO BUS" on the display when you reinstalled the SuperChips tune.
Did you explain this to SuperChips? I know on the later Jeeps it's supposed to be ok to flash the ECM without returning it back to stock, but I'm wondering if the tune isn't hosed

It wasn't flashed, it was updated. Tuner was uninstalled for it and reinstalled after I left the dealership. Have since tuned 2 different settings, currently set at 87, doesn't have the spunk 91 has but isn't knocking either.

Tigrcky

It wasn't flashed, it was updated. Tuner was uninstalled for it and reinstalled after I left the dealership. Have since tuned 2 different settings, currently set at 87, doesn't have the spunk 91 has but isn't knocking either.

an update is a reflashing of the ECM btw :yup:

Tigrcky

Yeah, get it together, will ya!? There's already enough of those on this thread asking stupid questions.

and by stupid questions do you mean like where can i find a timing belt for a 2004 5.9L dodge cummins?

Top Bottom