New to Jeep'n in West Texas

orngcrushrgrl

Thanks everyone. I'm out here in Midland Tx. Not much nearby but there's a state park 2 hours away that I plan on hitting up. Also a place nearby that's suppose to be some Sandhills and light trails. It's 30 min away so ill check it out when I get a day off.

Sweet. Big Bend correct? If you ever get out to El Paso there's a great group on Facebook called Tumbleweed Offroad. They do a few rides a months and are really great people.

San Antonio area, there's a group called "Not A Jeep Club" also can be found on Facebook as well.

keno4x4

Welcome to Wayalife!
There is also the West Texas Crawlers out of Midland that you could look up on Facebook. They are going to San Angelo on the 4/27 to wheel.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife!
There is also the West Texas Crawlers out of Midland that you could look up on Facebook. They are going to San Angelo on the 4/27 to wheel.

Yo! I'm in San Angelo! I'll have to look into this hmmm...you going to join them?
@ the OP...you should come with that group or just show up with them. Me, you and keno here could do our own thing while that "Crawlers" group does their own thing.

Lemme know fellas. I'ma go investigate that groups FB page haha

C-Ron

Sweet. Big Bend correct? If you ever get out to El Paso there's a great group on Facebook called Tumbleweed Offroad. They do a few rides a months and are really great people.

San Antonio area, there's a group called "Not A Jeep Club" also can be found on Facebook as well.

Thanks for the info, ill have to look into all that. I was referring to Escondido draw recreational area near Ozona TX. They're still working on it and I haven't had a chance to check it out but I worked in that area for years and the terrain is definitely challenging. A lot of steep rock faces and huge rocks everywhere.

C-Ron

Yo! I'm in San Angelo! I'll have to look into this hmmm...you going to join them?
@ the OP...you should come with that group or just show up with them. Me, you and keno here could do our own thing while that "Crawlers" group does their own thing.

Lemme know fellas. I'ma go investigate that groups FB page haha

Man I would love to go but
I'm on a frac job near NM and ill be out here for a couple of weeks. I love San Angelo though, lived there for 3 years and have some family up there. Ill definitely hit you up though so you can show me around those trails.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Dang. Alright well yea please do bro...like I said in my thread, I'm always down to go out there.

C-Ron

Cool deal man. Hopefully I catch a break after i finish up these wells. Where do you like to eat in San Angelo? There are so many good restaurants and BBQ places up there. It's grown so much since I left too.

C-Ron

Welcome to Wayalife!

oh and what is Facebook? I think I've heard of it before....Didn't they make a movie about it?

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Cool deal man. Hopefully I catch a break after i finish up these wells. Where do you like to eat in San Angelo? There are so many good restaurants and BBQ places up there. It's grown so much since I left too.

There's a place downtown called Mesquite Bean that's damn good. Nakamura's is good sushi but expensive. There's that sandwich place on Chadbourne but I can't think of its name ATM. It used to be called Jason's Deli but now it's something else. There's a good fast food taco place that I like called Three Parrots. I love Cheddars too but it's always busy. As far as BBQ goes I know theres a real good one off of Chadbourne near that sandwich place I was talkin about...had their food on Friday for lunch and it was muy bueno! I wish there was a Jack in the Box and Panda Express here...they have everything else!

Last edited:
Top Bottom