NEW Trail Rocker System for TJ Jeep! - Now Shipping

Bababooey

No. They either came on with the trans in reverse or were on with the switch.

So the switch turns the lights on manually, and then for them to come on when in reverse, you just have the reverse signal triggering a separate relay which sends power to the light?

Five-N9ne

So the switch turns the lights on manually, and then for them to come on when in reverse, you just have the reverse signal triggering a separate relay which sends power to the light?

...no, switch either turned the lights on manually or let them come on when the trans was in reverse as from the factory. The lights were not removed from the harness, the switch simply tapped into the wires going to the lights. Simple manual override.

Bababooey

...no, switch either turned the lights on manually or let them come on when the trans was in reverse as from the factory. The lights were not removed from the harness, the switch simply tapped into the wires going to the lights. Simple manual override.

Sorry if i'm missing the obvious here :) You are talking about auxiliary reverse light(s) that you have, and not just the factory back up lamps, correct? Any chance you could draw up a crude schematic of how you have it wired? Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

Five-N9ne

I replaced my factory lights with LED pods in the rear bumper. Pigtailed the LEDs to the factory harness and tapped into them for the switch.

Top Bottom