Nitto's Mud or Trail advice ??

jeepmojo

im in northern nh as well , i have 33 trail grapplers

they drive realy smooth on the roads better than stock rubicon tires least while their new anyway
they work well in the mud and rocks around here but 37s im way out of knowledge on ! always good to see another jeeper from nh best wishes where do you service it that's gona be friendly to the mods???? let me know
I haven't found a good one yet lol

kimer82

Not the Dealer for sure.... They were not happy with me taking stuff out right after driving it away.... we will see if they will cover anything for me...
As for the shop goes... i still have not found the right guy yet.... many of the many places were trying to sell me something way out of my budget, or try to package stuff together and sell me things i dont need.
There are few guys i am talking to and sounds very knowleded with their products and the reviews back it up.. The guy even said his custom ?Dana44 will hold 40" no problem and will warrent any parts if it decides to give out.. that is the only reason i was thinking of 40" tires lol.

and yes it will be equipped with CV joint shaft but i am sure it wasnt really nessasary...

now i am looking at a decent tire carrier... I have seen WayofLife's jk with "EVO" carrier? they seem to be massive and would take a beating..

jeepmojo

40s omg

:clap2: in n.h. yould never go down the road without getting pulled over ! that's a given :yup: 40 inch tire on the back that id love to see in person ! my 33 on the tailgate looks big never mind a 40 " :thumb:

StrizzyChris

now i am looking at a decent tire carrier... I have seen WayofLife's jk with "EVO" carrier? they seem to be massive and would take a beating..

I'm not saying it couldn't handle it, and I'm sure he has made some side contact to the carrier with something(a tree or boulder), but i dont know how much of a beating per say these are exposed to. It is set so high, and with the tire below, that a lower impact isn't very likely. The material is top notch, and I would love one for its badass looks, but a true need...idk

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The guy even said his custom ?Dana44 will hold 40" no problem and will warrent any parts if it decides to give out.. that is the only reason i was thinking of 40" tires lol.

The only warranty worth its weight is the one you never have to use. IF the axle decides to give out, it'll most likely be on the trail and a warranty won't do you much good there.

and yes it will be equipped with CV joint shaft but i am sure it wasnt really nessasary...

CV joints are super stong but, from what I have seen, too strong. Everything breaks, it's just a matter of where. If not your joint, it'll be on the shaft itself and most likely deep inside the housing. Trust me, I have seen this. If not the shaft, it will be your ring and pinion. I have seen this too. A break on the outside of your axle is a lot easier to deal with than one on the inside. Or, at least for me anyway.

What I can tell you is that the EVO carrier will hold a very large spare high and out of the way. Any hit it takes will totally be able to withstand it. Ask me how I know.

Rock-itman

they drive realy smooth on the roads better than stock rubicon tires least while their new anyway
they work well in the mud and rocks around here but 37s im way out of knowledge on ! always good to see another jeeper from nh best wishes where do you service it that's gona be friendly to the mods???? let me know
I haven't found a good one yet lol

I do most of my servicing on my own ! Fortunate to have a shop to do my own wrenching . There is a good shop in Hampstead NH DOMINEC's . He runs a club out of his place also . Also check out Monadnock Jeepers (Keene NH ) We just got started there also . Look me up there or on FB Rock-itman jeepster is the name on FB . goodluck keep in touch . If your loookin for springs call keene jeep they have tons of takeoffs there , ask for Jeff from parts , he will hook you up . :thumb:

jkrossi

I got the toyo open county A/TS 35/12.50r17 for a way better price than I was quoted on the Nittos
1.175.00$ out the door and mounted

They are super quiet and I'm sure they will do great out on the trail.

ForumRunner_20130216_125403.jpg

dahoover5866

The mud grappler comes in a 35 I have some they're awesome offroad especially in mud, imagine that, and loud as hell on road but that's small cheese compared to the performance and confidence u get wheeling.

Hoovicon via Wayalife

Top Bottom