NORCAL: Rubicon Run - October 1-4

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: Oh come off your high horse. In spite of what you choose to believe, a lot of you guys had a healthy hand in helping to destroying this thread.

Glad you all had a great weekend - try focusing your attention on that.

Well, being that this my shin dig, I guess it sucks to be me.

Not trying to be on any horse. We did have a great weekend and many thanks are owed to you, Cindy and MTG. :beer:

While many of us may have contributed to this thread, it was only after the usual suspects stirred the pot...as usual... :(

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie I was very grateful for your help out there, and was so glad when you said you had a welder. You really did save my weekend by having that welder in your jeep. I had a great time talking with you the 30-45 minutes we did after everything was fixed. You and your wife rock and I hope to get out on the trail with you sooner then later.

O and I already ordered a welder just like I said I was lol.

LOL!! Awesome. It's always great to have more than one welder in a group. They're like a rabbits foot - the more you have, the less you'll need them :yup:

We definitely need to get out sometime soon :cool:

LOL!! Awesome. It's always great to have more than one welder in a group. They're like a rabbits foot - the more you have, the less you'll need them :yup:

We definitely need to get out sometime soon :cool:

Sounds good to me. Let me know when, I'm always ready to wheel.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not trying to be on any horse. We did have a great weekend and many thanks are owed to you, Cindy and MTG. :beer:

While many of us may have contributed to this thread, it was only after the usual suspects stirred the pot...as usual... :(

:cheesy: Oh come on, that's what I'm talking about! The pot can't be stirred if there's nothing to be stirred.

Back Country

I almost passed this one up being that it was so full of testosterone but, that being said, I would like to remind you that this is MY forum and I'd prefer if you wouldn't be so territorial here. You might overstay your welcome. :)

I am saying this softly. You are right Eddie, this is your forum and I respect that. In reply #1624, I thanked you for helping out a friend of mine that I have now know for 2 trips through WAyalife. I enjoy reading your forum and have met MANY great people on here. The Norcal group took me in and treated me with respect and like a friend, I've even met others from around the world. The reason I got so defensive tonight is because if somebody does one cross thing that somebody does not approve of then they get bashed for it by the people that should be helping lead the forum, it's just not cool.

I am going to suck it up and say that I am truly sorry if I've offened anybody tonight and hope that I didnt overstay my welcome.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Is it meme time yet?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444135394.026760.jpg

Or maybe this one?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444135418.297152.jpg

Since I was somewhat involved I'll respond by saying what I've already said...I was happy to help and would do it again without hesitation.

However, since everyone seems to be worried whether there was enough thanks given, I propose the following...in lieu of additional thanks, I've set up a gofundme account with the goal of acquiring these items:
1) pro rock 60s (front and rear)
2) psc assist
3) rare wine collection (500 bottle)
4) off road trailer
5) portable welder

Can we get back to some wheeling pictures and videos now?

noroad

WOW!!! Im just the east coast guy that knows only what I have partly just read!(partly lol) I have to say that I am kinda disappointed in this thread, I came back to see some cool pics and hear the battle stories of the trip. All I saw really was a huge family fight that was in my opinion turned up a level by some people. But that's the thing, its a family here, every family has fights! Its about making up and moving forward together! Im sorry for Kyle's loss that is a terrible way to end a trip, I know as that's how my rubicon trip ended! I think it is mega cool that Eddie, Cindy, and sounds like MTG (sorry if more), came out to help with the break! Im sure the wives and kids were thankful to hear you would go out of your way to help! I can say this is the reason we love this family even from 3000 miles away, we even got the same help from Eddie and many more when Dom had a totally wrecked shaft and a long ride home! Words can not explain how thankful we were for that help! So I ask that people try an make well with others, and maybe just a little less school yard fighting lol we are all part of this huge family! Im supper happy to hear everyone made it out! Now please post some more PICTURESSSSS! :rock:

Last edited:

Panda

WOW!!! Im just the east coast guy that knows only what I have partly just read!(partly lol) I have to say that I am kinda disappointed in this thread, I came back to see some cool pics and hear the battle stories of the trip. All I saw really was a huge family fight that was in my opinion turned up a level by some people. But that's the thing, its a family here, every family has fights! Its about making up and moving forward together! Im sorry for Kyle's loss that is a terrible way to end a trip, I know as that's how my rubicon tip ended! I think it is mega cool that Eddie, Cindy, and sounds like MTG (sorry if more), came out to help with the break! Im sure the wives and kids were thankful to hear you would go out of your way to help! I can say this is the reason we love this family even from 3000 miles away, we even got the same help from Eddie and many more when Dom had a totally wrecked shaft and a long ride home! Words can not explain how thankful we were for that help! So I ask that people try an make well with others, and maybe just a little less school yard fighting lol we are all part of this huge family! Im supper happy to hear everyone made it out! Now please post some more PICTURESSSSS! :rock:

Great post Andrew! Yes more pics please!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The reason I got so defensive tonight is because if somebody does one cross thing that somebody does not approve of then they get bashed for it by the people that should be helping lead the forum, it's just not cool.

And what's not cool to me is when someone you've helped later sends a PM (after getting called out on the forum) to basically tell you how they never should have asked for your help in the first place. Kind of a douchy ungrateful move if you ask me but, that's just my opinion. I know none of this will change how you feel about your friend and really, I get it. All I would ask is if you could try and see things from the point of view of the guy who started all this - Adam is my friend and even though I didn't ask for it, he was taking offense for me just like you were with your friend.

That being said, I think it needs to be pointed out yet again that this isn't a church and the guys who've volunteered their time to help out around here aren't your Sunday school teachers. If you feel that there are people who "should be helping to lead the forum", that person should be YOU and you can do that by leading by example.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
And what's not cool to me is when someone you've helped later sends a PM (after getting called out on the forum) to basically tell you how they never should have asked for your help in the first place. Kind of a douchy ungrateful move if you ask me but, that's just my opinion. I know none of this will change how you feel about your friend and really, I get it. All I would ask is if you could try and see things from the point of view of the guy who started all this - Adam is my friend and even though I didn't ask for it, he was taking offense for me just like you were with your friend.

That being said, I think it needs to be pointed out yet again that this isn't a church and the guys who've volunteered their time to help out around here aren't your Sunday school teachers. If you feel that there are people who "should be helping to lead the forum", that person should be YOU and you can do that by leading by example.

All true. Now, compare that to Panda's very sincere post (and, having met both he and Kitty, I expected nothing less from him...both very good peeps.)

bkac

Caught the Bug
More pictures please, I think I only maybe took 5 pictures. Between all the parts running, spotting help, and chasing after kids, the Camara didn't come out much! Can't wait to see some more pictures!

Attachments

• 1444144392194.jpg
    1444144392194.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 239

Davwashere

More pictures please, I think I only maybe took 5 pictures. Between all the parts running, spotting help, and chasing after kids, the Camara didn't come out much! Can't wait to see some more pictures!

The wife took a whole bunch, I'll work on getting those downloaded from her phone and posted up tonight.
My first tag! Thanks Jason.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444145026.619068.jpg

Back Country

If you feel that there are people who "should be helping to lead the forum", that person should be YOU and you can do that by leading by example.

Being that nobody can hear my tone, this is only meant to be exactly what it says. You are right, I will do my best to welcome new people to the forum and help them understand the rules while still feeling like they are wanted here. Sorry if I stepped on your toes and still hope to meet you on the trail one day.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that nobody can hear my tone, this is only meant to be exactly what it says. You are right, I will do my best to welcome new people to the forum and help them understand the rules while still feeling like they are wanted here. Sorry if I stepped on your toes and still hope to meet you on the trail one day.

:cheesy: I know you can only take me at my word but, for anyone who really knows me, they would tell you that it would take a lot more than that to get my toes stepped on.

Have a great week :cool:

Panda

Well said :thumb:
All true. Now, compare that to Panda's very sincere post (and, having met both he and Kitty, I expected nothing less from him...both very good peeps.)

Thank you Sharkey!

Top Bottom