NOVA Trailfest at Rausch Creek August 22-24

KingCopperhead

George, was cool meeting up with you through out the event. Had a great time myself and will def be making it an annual dealio. Your crew def took on some hard core trails led by a fellow JJ, Jack. Maybe next year when I'm locked with some mt's I can roll with you guys :)

2014 Public Relations officer - Dion C [o|||||||o]

Yoooooo Dion my dude! We had a Blast! Jack led us right man, eased us into the run with some milder shit, and by day two it was mostly blacks, almost made it up yellow jacket, definitely need a locker up front. Couldn't get past the second rock, next year man. Your crew from JJ was tight, everyone I met was cool as hell. I'll sign up on your club forums later so I can get in on another ride someday. Thanks for a great time.

Here's a pic of me on the comp course, and one of Jack on yellow jacket. I'll upload more later.

Attachments

• 1408924127630.jpg
    1408924127630.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 1408924158909.jpg
    1408924158909.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Grandos

^^Awesomeness…jack tried to get me through yellow jacket on my first trip to RC in May, a couple of weeks after I got my Jk and first real wheeling trip. all I can say is good thing for the rockrails, they def took a beating..and I'll be back to conquer it next year. Cool pic on the comp course, did u guys wheel today?

KingCopperhead

^^Awesomeness…jack tried to get me through yellow jacket on my first trip to RC in May, a couple of weeks after I got my Jk and first real wheeling trip. all I can say is good thing for the rockrails, they def took a beating..and I'll be back to conquer it next year. Cool pic on the comp course, did u guys wheel today?

He was really patient with me. I probably tried a bit longer than I should have, but I got so close on a couple of attempts. With more experience and maybe a locker I'll definitely nail it.

We got there at like 8 am today and the parking lot was EMPTY. But Dylan and I had a few jeeps from our local club with us today so the four of us went out on our own. Hit some milder stuff since the other two dudes didn't want to get too crazy. Ended up doing some greens and blues the tatas run, part of lake christy, went down Roxys again and then messed around in the quarry, Dylan almost rolled his xj going in lol then we closed out the day on the comp course. Here's our guys lined up at the end.

Attachments

• 1408925655301.jpg
    1408925655301.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 1408925670592.jpg
    1408925670592.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 1408925683654.jpg
    1408925683654.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 51

Grandos

I won the lokka locker in the raffle so I will definitely be trying that trail again! I did manage to slice a tire on the inside wall so I am hoping to hop up to 35s, should help get over some of the obstacles. All in all super fun time And really cool to meet n hang with you and ya bud Dylan. U guys are more than welcomed to join our forum n hang whenever! IMA try n toss some pics up too

Grandos

sy5u2a4y.jpg

nysema5e.jpg
da4e3e5a.jpg
aqe6a5a6.jpg

Grandos

2ezysedu.jpg

Shot by lake Christy, we did the tattas trail and CV trail along with some others along the way. I was the only jku to do the one less killer hill climb but I only have a short video.
And here's my crew I was out with:
ehu9upuj.jpg

KingCopperhead

I won the lokka locker in the raffle so I will definitely be trying that trail again! I did manage to slice a tire on the inside wall so I am hoping to hop up to 35s, should help get over some of the obstacles. All in all super fun time And really cool to meet n hang with you and ya bud Dylan. U guys are more than welcomed to join our forum n hang whenever! IMA try n toss some pics up too

I was stoked when you won that locker! And Jack won that winch line so he's gonna have to get a winch now. I used mine twice this weekend lol. That's our goal next year, smacking up yellow jacket. I'll be locked or lower geared by then so it's gonna happen! Hopefully we will rock the same group. Did you have JK_Dave from wayalife with you? He ran with the green/blue group, as did my friend Mike (black xj) from cnyjeep. They both had a blast from what I heard.

Awesome pics man, I have a few videos and a ton of pics. Gotta get thru em all and post em up!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks like and sounds like you guys had fun! Just fyi yellow jacket is doable not locked. There is just a certain line you need to take. Also yellow jacket just eats 4 doors right up cause of the wheel base lol just takes a few more backups then usual to get thru it

KingCopperhead

Looks like and sounds like you guys had fun! Just fyi yellow jacket is doable not locked. There is just a certain line you need to take. Also yellow jacket just eats 4 doors right up cause of the wheel base lol just takes a few more backups then usual to get thru it

I was so close Steve :-( actually got up in the spot I was supposed to be in but I just didn't have the throttle/clutch control down at that point (and it was raining) our guide had me in the right spot, but I kept getting too throttle happy or stalling and would repeatedly slide off the proper line and at that point, have to start over.

I'll get it eventually! I really need to get better with throttle and clutch modulation on larger rocks. By the end of the weekend I was very happy with the progress that I made though. Felt like I'd gained a lot of control and found the "sweet spot" for clutch engagement.

It's funny looking back on all my posts leading up to this trip, I was afraid to try blues and ended up running blacks the second and third day. No major breakage, other than a banged up rear bumper, rashed up wheels and I have a small leak in my rear diff (peeled the cover just enough to let a TINY amount of fluid to leak)

I'm still pumped over the trip and I can't wait to go back.

Grandos

Yeah i backed my rig right out lol. There's definitely some nerve racking trails there but its great place to learn n build skills.

KingCopperhead

More pics!

Attachments

• 1408931868985.jpg
    1408931868985.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 1408931885484.jpg
    1408931885484.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 1408931909539.jpg
    1408931909539.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 64
  • 1408931938640.jpg
    1408931938640.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 1408932033966.jpg
    1408932033966.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 1408932054829.jpg
    1408932054829.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 1408932091018.jpg
    1408932091018.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 1408932111120.jpg
    1408932111120.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 1408932135071.jpg
    1408932135071.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 1408932149723.jpg
    1408932149723.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 1408932160593.jpg
    1408932160593.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 1408932185787.jpg
    1408932185787.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 1408932225917.jpg
    1408932225917.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 1408932256018.jpg
    1408932256018.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 1408932301513.jpg
    1408932301513.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 64

Grandos

Sweet pics mang! I'm waiting to see if my group got any good ones to share as well.

Grandos

George, I peeled my diff cover first trip out as well, probably in same spot! Hahaha. I also tweaked my rear axle alil so now I got a squeak but nothing major. Just opens the doors to more mods and harder trails.

KingCopperhead

Sweet pics mang! I'm waiting to see if my group got any good ones to share as well.

George, I peeled my diff cover first trip out as well, probably in same spot! Hahaha. I also tweaked my rear axle alil so now I got a squeak but nothing major. Just opens the doors to more mods and harder trails.

I haven't even gotten into my son's camera yet, and I know Dylan took some killer shots.

As for the breakage, I honestly expected more. Oh mangled my tailpipe too. I'm going to just pull my rear bumper, and do D rings in the frame rails with the evo frame cover. Ordering new diff covers tonight or tomorrow as well.

So yeah lmao, basically break it mod it play with it some more. Win!

Been watching yellow jacket vids for the last hour. I'm bitter. It's going down next trip. Lmao

Can't wait to see your pics man.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I was stoked when you won that locker! And Jack won that winch line so he's gonna have to get a winch now. I used mine twice this weekend lol. That's our goal next year, smacking up yellow jacket. I'll be locked or lower geared by then so it's gonna happen! Hopefully we will rock the same group. Did you have JK_Dave from wayalife with you? He ran with the green/blue group, as did my friend Mike (black xj) from cnyjeep. They both had a blast from what I heard.

Awesome pics man, I have a few videos and a ton of pics. Gotta get thru em all and post em up!

Yeah, I thought I was going with the green/blue group, but they ended up running blue/black. I got about 10 minutes into the trail with them, watched a Grand Cherokee in front of me completely destroy his rear end trying to run up a muddy incline and slide back down into some trees before I turned around and came back.

I did link up with some guys unrelated to TrailFest and we ran mostly greens, but we also tried out the Quarry too (black) and I was able to make it up out of there just fine. My tires are my limiting factor now, but since I drove all the way back home Sunday with a bad alignment, it probably won't be long before I have to replace them! Waiting for the local 4 Wheel Parts to get me in and take a look. I think there's something else wrong with my front besides the alignment, but there's nothing visible so far.

rinkishjk

Great pics looks like u all had a blast! It's so funny how all the rocks and obstacles look so tiny in pics.

KingCopperhead

Yeah, I thought I was going with the green/blue group, but they ended up running blue/black. I got about 10 minutes into the trail with them, watched a Grand Cherokee in front of me completely destroy his rear end trying to run up a muddy incline and slide back down into some trees before I turned around and came back.

I did link up with some guys unrelated to TrailFest and we ran mostly greens, but we also tried out the Quarry too (black) and I was able to make it up out of there just fine. My tires are my limiting factor now, but since I drove all the way back home Sunday with a bad alignment, it probably won't be long before I have to replace them! Waiting for the local 4 Wheel Parts to get me in and take a look. I think there's something else wrong with my front besides the alignment, but there's nothing visible so far.

Hey Dave, was great to meet you. I'm sorry that you ended up in a group that went blacks. I was hoping there would be a more entry level group going out. Glad to hear that you had a good time.

Just did my post run examination and I trashed my undercarriage haha. Nothing major. Bent front lca mount, popped the cover off my steering stabilizer, rashed the gas tank skids, bent the trans cross member pretty good too, along with my tailpipe.

It's time to mod now haha.

When are you getting tires?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Hey Dave, was great to meet you. I'm sorry that you ended up in a group that went blacks. I was hoping there would be a more entry level group going out. Glad to hear that you had a good time.

Just did my post run examination and I trashed my undercarriage haha. Nothing major. Bent front lca mount, popped the cover off my steering stabilizer, rashed the gas tank skids, bent the trans cross member pretty good too, along with my tailpipe.

It's time to mod now haha.

When are you getting tires?

Possibly soon, but I'm really interested in the new Toyo Open Country R/T that's coming out next month. Not sure if I can wait long enough for the 37" to come out in a 17" wheel diameter though. May have to go with something else. There's a thread in the Tire sub-forum that talks about that tire if you're interested.

Grandos

Jk Dave, who was your trail guide? Had I known you could have definitely come with my group. We led ourselves but only hit the greens n blues being our daily drivers. My bud Joe that led us, George u met him, wanted to do the purples n blue "j" towards the end but ended up tweaking something on Our last run up sunken treasure. I'm just glad we were able to drive em home all good at the end of the day. And yes pics don't always do the trail justice. My pops was talking smack so I'm waiting for him to get a jeep n go out with me...well see

Top Bottom