NYC Wave

Misterchristo

Hello Everyone,

Awesome site here, I've already learned a lot in the 1 month since owning my first wrangler jk 2dr. Black w/ blk tints on 285/70/17r BFG, manual 6 spd, with just over 31k on it. We are getting reading for the winter on the East Coast- so that means lots of sand, salt, and rust…

Anyone have any luck with rust proofing? Low cost options are definitely a plus, I'm thinking Rustoleum professional just as a precaution.

Also, anyone know of clubs, gatherings, group drives, honest shops in the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT) please reach out!

Happy trails,

Chris:rock:

Welcome to Wayalife! As overlander said wash the jeep at least once a week. It's what I do in PA. I take the powerwasher out and just try and spray as much salt off as I can

Hi, I'm about 60 miles north of you in Orange County.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to the WAYALIFE. As mentioned above wash your Jeep with a mild soap once a week. When I was working on Navy helicopters we would use Fluid Film in a bug sprayer. We would apply it all over the exterior and inside panel openings. It reduced the amount of corrosion and made cleaning up the a lot easier. You can find Fluid Film at most auto parts stores or on line. Best part is Fluid Film is completely safe for the environment. It is made out of lanolin.

R/
Will

Top Bottom