Odd resonance from rear on certain bumps

RJV

I've had my Dynatrac Endurosport lift for a month now and put about 800 miles on it - absolutely love it. However, I've noticed that when both rear tires hit a joint on a bridge, I get this weird resonance/rattle/soft thud that goes through the whole Jeep. I've retorqued everything several times (I loosed all the control arm bolts and retorqued on the ground). I noticed my spare tire was loose so I tightened that back up. It doesn't happen doing anything else, like going over curbs or pulling into driveways, or just hitting bumps in the road. It doesn't sound like a normal suspension clunk like a loose control arm or anything, not metal on metal either. Same tires since I lifted it, and never noticed it before. Any ideas? Thanks!

I've had my Dynatrac Endurosport lift for a month now and put about 800 miles on it - absolutely love it. However, I've noticed that when both rear tires hit a joint on a bridge, I get this weird resonance/rattle/soft thud that goes through the whole Jeep. I've retorqued everything several times (I loosed all the control arm bolts and retorqued on the ground). I noticed my spare tire was loose so I tightened that back up. It doesn't happen doing anything else, like going over curbs or pulling into driveways, or just hitting bumps in the road. It doesn't sound like a normal suspension clunk like a loose control arm or anything, not metal on metal either. Same tires since I lifted it, and never noticed it before. Any ideas? Thanks!
Describing a “rattle” and “thud” means it could be anything to be honest. With it happening only on a “joint on a bridge” and not a normal bump makes me have to ask…are you sure it wasn’t just the bridge making the noise?

RJV

Describing a “rattle” and “thud” means it could be anything to be honest. With it happening only on a “joint on a bridge” and not a normal bump makes me have to ask…are you sure it wasn’t just the bridge making the noise?
Pretty sure - done it on a few different bridges and never did it stock. It's like a rattle/vibration that starts with a thud and then resonates throughout the body.

Pretty sure - done it on a few different bridges and never did it stock. It's like a rattle/vibration that starts with a thud and then resonates throughout the body.
Do you have anything in the back tub?

Also, if you added rock sliders or steps, check the rear body bolts and see if they’re making contact. The body can flex and if there’s not enough clearance you’ll get a thud heard through the jeep.

4PLAY

Check your tire pressure but ALSO check to see if your rear adjustable sway bar links are properly adjusted and not hitting something.

Top Bottom