Off road Evo regear

JK_Jimmy

So I may or may not be getting a regear done by off road Evo. I saw the prices posted online and called them up to get a quote. The regear is $1000 but they also said I would need to get a new front carrier for $215.00. Is that true? I have a 2011 JK sport with 45k miles. What exactly will go into my regear with the model jeep I have? Any info is much appreciated.

So I may or may not be getting a regear done by off road Evo. I saw the prices posted online and called them up to get a quote. The regear is $1000 but they also said I would need to get a new front carrier for $215.00. Is that true? I have a 2011 JK sport with 45k miles. What exactly will go into my regear with the model jeep I have? Any info is much appreciated.

Essentially your front D30 carrier will not work with your new gears. Carriers for some axles are good for only certain ratios. Once you cross the threshold from say 4.88's to 5.13's you require a new carrier. I forget off hand where that threshold is. ORE will give you specifics, they aren't going to sell you stuff you don't need.

As I told you before it depends on what gear ratio you have currently as to if you need a new carrier. If you have 3.21's then you will, if you have 3.73's than you don't need a new carrier. When I regeared my d30 to 5.13's I didn't need one because I had 3.73 gears so they were able to reuse the stock carrier.

I have the 3.21 gearing so I'll need a new one. Is there any particular brand that is better or worse then others? What should I look for in a new carrier?

:naw:

Off Road Evolution uses a LOADED D30 Carrier when we have to swap them out - key word is LOADED (ready to install)

I am not in the business of up-selling my customers parts they do not need. If you have 3.73 gear in your JK, your D30 will NOT need a carrier, if you have 3.21s or the like, you WILL need a carrier.

This is an example of what IS NOT a LOADED Carrier.

Understood. Can you explain the difference between the loaded carrier and the one I posted? When I had my axles regeared I bought that carrier and the Yukon gearing with master rebuild kits and the shop didn't have to order any additional parts. Does the loaded carrier basically eliminated the need for the master rebuild kits?

Sorry, didn't mean to step on any toes, just was going off my experience. Clearly from what is said about you personally and ORE, you run an A+ operation with great service and in no ways was I trying to slight you or the business.

A LOADED carrier is ready to bolt right in and has the spider gears and cross shaft already installed. The standard carrier will work, but it ends up being more expensive if you take the time to put the carrier together. I use LOADED carriers only with our $999.99 re-gear special.

carrier has nothing to do with master rebuild kits

A LOADED carrier is ready to bolt right in and has the spider gears and cross shaft already installed. The standard carrier will work, but it ends up being more expensive if you take the time to put the carrier together. I use LOADED carriers only with our $999.99 re-gear special.

carrier has nothing to do with master rebuild kits

Understood. Thanks for the information.

Or he can get the unloaded one and pay more to get it loaded. :doh:

Just get the EVO set up, its drop in ready and you know it will work.

it always costs more to get an empty one loaded then to buy for one already pre-loaded :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Even with the extra $215, that's a great deal for rear gear. Shops in my neck of the woods are nearly double that price and they don't come anywhere close in quality of work or experience.

I am currently on an evo HD leveling kit and 35's with 3.73s in my unlimited sport. Would it be a good idea to re gear with this setup. If so what gearing would you recommend and do you offer a drop in/bolt in option for those of us on the east coast. If so how hard of an install would this be and possible prices? Greatly appreciated

ORE is spot on with their pricing. It's a good deal. I can tell your from experience it a bitch to change the stock spiders into a empty Dana 30 carrier. I ended up retuning my last empty carrier and buy a loaded one from a reputable company.

Top Bottom