Offroad EVO Tire carrier INSTALL????

Ddays

Hooked
Are there any extra precautions I should take since the parts are already powder coated?

Don't mean to hijack but you did the same thing I did - powdercoat before install....here's what I did:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31355-The-build-re-build-of-Gruff/page6

Wrap the carrier really good with shrink wrap, the Heavy Duty kind that is used to ship material via common carrier. You can get it at a Home Depot or Lowes I believe.
Luckily I have access to this stuff. Its handy to prevent scratching of parts like this during install and also during transportation.

Further down on this page you can see how far up I had the carrier preloaded before I mounted the tire on it.

BLCK4X4

I don't understand your question.

In the post #443..there is a picture of the corner guards installed, and then a picture when them off and the holes taped. What did you use to screw them into place while you got set up to cut out the holes for the lights, and then remove them?
I thought the hardware that comes with the kit cannot be installed, removed, and re-Installed. Or am I wrong ? Lol I'm just confused

MTG

Caught the Bug
In the post #443..there is a picture of the corner guards installed, and then a picture when them off and the holes taped. What did you use to screw them into place while you got set up to cut out the holes for the lights, and then remove them?
I thought the hardware that comes with the kit cannot be installed, removed, and re-Installed. Or am I wrong ? Lol I'm just confused

I installed them. Then removed them to get them powdercoated. Actually I think I removed them and taped up the sides because it was raining and installed the carrier the next week, then removed them again. It's my daily driver and I don't have much free time on the weekends.

I didn't cut the holes for the lights until I was ready to take them to get get the slider mounted and powdercoated. After that I rigged up the lights for a few days until I could reinstall them. Post #602

BLCK4X4

I installed them. Then removed them to get them powdercoated. Actually I think I removed them and taped up the sides because it was raining and installed the carrier the next week, then removed them again. It's my daily driver and I don't have much free time on the weekends.

I didn't cut the holes for the lights until I was ready to take them to get get the slider mounted and powdercoated. After that I rigged up the lights for a few days until I could reinstall them. Post #602

Oh oh gotcha!!:)

Would you suggest installing the corners the the actual carrier all first. And then breaking it all down and cutting the holes for the lights?

BLCK4X4

Also what should I use to cut the holes for the lights?

Soupie

Thanks for your help MTG, tomorrow is the day, ill put up a build thread ! :rock:

Please do...the more step by step and detailed the better. Mine will likely be going on in another 2 weeks and any write up would be super helpful!

Thanks and good luck!

BLCK4X4

I used a hole saw and did it with the skins mounted.

Don't mean to hijack but you did the same thing I did - powdercoat before install....here's what I did:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31355-The-build-re-build-of-Gruff/page6

Wrap the carrier really good with shrink wrap, the Heavy Duty kind that is used to ship material via common carrier. You can get it at a Home Depot or Lowes I believe.
Luckily I have access to this stuff. Its handy to prevent scratching of parts like this during install and also during transportation.

Further down on this page you can see how far up I had the carrier preloaded before I mounted the tire on it.

Threads like this make me really want the Evo tire carrier and corners

Please do...the more step by step and detailed the better. Mine will likely be going on in another 2 weeks and any write up would be super helpful!

Thanks and good luck!

Okay everyone, it was a late night but my evo tire carrier w/corners was completed last night.

I'll have a thread up later this evening!!!

Amrth

Reviving this thread, is the corner guard must for this tire carrier? Can I install this without the rear armor..

Jackal01

Reviving this thread, is the corner guard must for this tire carrier? Can I install this without the rear armor..
The corner armor is required for EVO's.

If you like the style of that carrier but don't want the armor look at Genright's carrier.

Top Bottom