Offset / backspacing for 38s

LVMohave

Acceleration and (likely) fuel efficiency will improve with a gear change.

It does not take much to hold top gear on flat ground. If you drive out of flat Texas to a place with actual mountains (e.g. to a western state) then you would notice more difference with the gear changes.
Thats the "thing" for my driving situation doesn't seem like I need it at all. Also, I have a Banks Pedal Commander which really makes the truck way nicer to drive! (go back to stock setting and the truck's a slug) I'm also in Las Vegas, not Texas.....we have mountains here. The truck will downshift up mountains, but it did that when stock with 33's also.

ducatijosh

I was seriously considering the 3.5 Clayton lift, but your setup with 38s are making me wonder if I should do the 2.5...
I planned on chopping my fenders with the AAL kit and I will in two weeks when the new fender lights are released. I’m sure I’d rub as it is currently off-road with the sway bar disconnected. My goal was to have as low of a COG as possible. If you don’t want to do all that the 3.5” kit is the way to go.

LVMohave

I planned on chopping my fenders with the AAL kit and I will in two weeks when the new fender lights are released. I’m sure I’d rub as it is currently off-road with the sway bar disconnected. My goal was to have as low of a COG as possible. If you don’t want to do all that the 3.5” kit is the way to go.
Im on AAV website, not seeing what's "new" about version 2.0 fender lights, do you know more? Im curious- thanks. I ordered a set of Quake LED's last week and I called yesterday curious about why I haven't received a shipping notice. The lady at customer service told me they are on backorder!!! I'm a little "annoyed" they let me order without letting me know they are on backorder, but they still took my $$$

Last edited:

ducatijosh

Im on AAV website, not seeing what's "new" about version 2.0 fender lights, do you know more? Im curious- thanks. I ordered a set of Quake LED's last week and I called yesterday curious about why I haven't received a shipping notice. The lady at customer service told me they are on backorder!!! I'm a little "annoyed" they let me order without letting me know they are on backorder, but they still took my $$$
They posted about it on their Facebook page on Sept 9th, I emailed them last week and they said mid-November, it's a new light made by diode dynamics that won't yellow over time like the old AAL / Quake lights do. One of their techs gave me a heads up this was coming early summer though so I've been waiting a long time.

Here's a link

Top Bottom