Old Crusty- 1958 FC170

JeepJeep75

Your FC is so cool looking Pig. Are you gonna ever paint it or leave it as is. I really like all the patina that it has. Maybe just a clear coat eventually? Also, what is that lever up above the break pedal for?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Your FC is so cool looking Pig. Are you gonna ever paint it or leave it as is. I really like all the patina that it has. Maybe just a clear coat eventually? Also, what is that lever up above the break pedal for?

I'd like to keep it as is, but I'd love to buy another one to restore. This one would need a crazy amount restoration. Nothing cooler than driving a old jeep that's survived.

That's the Parking brake, which is really cables to engage the rear drum brakes. All original cables and still works great!

JeepJeep75

That's awesome that you wanna keep it as is. Just looking at the finish and the patina, it really does tell a story of survival. I think it would be more enjoyable as a driver rather than a full restore that you'd be afraid to drive.

Ddays

Hooked
It's amazing how well vehicles survive out West compared to back here in the East. That FC would be a rusted out pile of shit over here. Cool that you're leaving as-is.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's amazing how well vehicles survive out West compared to back here in the East. That FC would be a rusted out pile of shit over here. Cool that you're leaving as-is.

It would just be a pile of rust out here lol

Brute

Hooked
Wow...I just read this entire thread from the start...quite the epic adventure from the beginning to where you are now. I think this might be the best build of the entire forum...

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Wow...I just read this entire thread from the start...quite the epic adventure from the beginning to where you are now. I think this might be the best build of the entire forum...

Haha! I dunno about that, but thanks!

I have a soft spot for jeep trucks. [emoji5]️

Dalton gang

I've always wanted a FC. Even more so after we worked on the mighty FC at the shop. We (wife and I) finally found one. This is our 1958 FC170.

It's completely stock. The bumpers were a heavy duty option from the factory!
View attachment 51892
View attachment 51893 View attachment 51895 View attachment 51896 View attachment 51897 View attachment 51898 View attachment 51899 View attachment 51900 View attachment 51901 View attachment 51902 View attachment 51903 View attachment 51904

Wow nice score! Subscribed.

rinkishjk

Just saw this one at home Depot. Looked pretty clean. Glad to see he is using it. I was surprised to not see historic plates on it.

Attachments

• 1468970035549.jpg
    1468970035549.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 1468970049688.jpg
    1468970049688.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 145
Top Bottom