Old Vs New- built either way

Well, I'm not giving up hope on the recovery of my 08' JKU, but the wheels are turning in my head. The police and insurance only give a 30% chance of recovery after the first 48 hours (and even the police said it was most likely over the border already). I'm starting to think about a new build. I had a lot invested into the 08' and wouldn't have changed a thing! It took me where ever I wanted to go. Now, thinking of a new build. Cash isn't flowing a quickly as it had in the years past and I want to build it Better, Faster, Stronger!
I'm seriously thinking of finding a four door in great shape body wise and inside. I don't even care about motor, trans, transfer case or axles. I'm thinking of using motec for motor and trans, atlas transfer case, Dynatrac 60 and 80 with DTD's. Obviously I'll be building it in phases but hoping I can do some of the work.
Or, start with a new Rubi and build it slower and not as "beefy".....

Thoughts???????

BDP849

Steve what are you doing with your EVO tire carrier, if you are looking to get rid of it let me know.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Damn.... Funny!!! It had three... Both sides wheels were chained and locked (2) and a lock on the ball (1). Thanks for the input on the new build though.....

Lol just messing with you.

Personally I would buy one that's already built. Let someone else spend the money on labor.

Lol just messing with you.

Personally I would buy one that's already built. Let someone else spend the money on labor.

I knew you were. My skin is thicker than that. I've had other asking the same questions though. Thought I'd clear that up. It's all good.

Ya, thought about that too!!! I wish Brainchild's rig was still for sale! Although I am glad he got the money months ago.....

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Damn.... Funny!!! It had three... Both sides wheels were chained and locked (2) and a lock on the ball (1). Thanks for the input on the new build though.....

Doesn't matter what you do, if s thief wants it. They will get it.,

JKbrick

Just my .02, if you don't care about the drivetrain and you are from the southwest where things don't rust I'd look for an 07 with 2wheel drive and start from there.

OscarMike2.0

Sweet spare. Bet that does really well in the rocks.

Yea idk why they did that :cheesy: The tires look like 42's so he could possibly be worried about running something so huge on that body mounted tire carrier. Or simply for visibility. Still doesnt explain why theres just a wheel tho..

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yea idk why they did that :cheesy: The tires look like 42's so he could possibly be worried about running something so huge on that body mounted tire carrier. Or simply for visibility. Still doesnt explain why theres just a wheel tho..

Probably because he couldn't afford the 5th tire and his credit is maxed. :idontknow:

Top Bottom