open door no drive

GP NOIR

Hooked
I've driven trucks that won't let you open the door when the engine is running. Very annoying.

That said, I do not leave the engine running on the trail when I get out of my Jeep. I put the trans in 1st (manual) or park and take the keys out of the ignition switch. That way, I'm much less likely to leave my unattended rig in neutral or drive and have it roll off somewhere.

jorgelrod

Hooked
This was an overcorrection after the incident where the actor Anton Yelchin was crushed by his GC when the vehicle rolled away and crushed him against a wall. It's a bit annoying for sure

Aceisback

Hooked
This was an overcorrection after the incident where the actor Anton Yelchin was crushed by his GC when the vehicle rolled away and crushed him against a wall. It's a bit annoying for sure
Yep, that’s the clown, mentioned in post #16. If it had been one of us it would have never been addressed. Never even heard of him until then either.🤷‍♂️

GP NOIR

Hooked
I believe the same thing caused a Wrangler to tumble off Black Bear Pass a couple years ago. Driver stepped out, left the Jeep running and in gear and it went over the edge with a woman and two dogs inside.

DaJudge

It wasn't a dial. It had a shifter that looked like a standard one but it didn't move through any detents. I rented one with that thing and you had to look at the dash every time to know what gear it was in. If you were in drive, you had to push it three times to get it into park. It didn't have the physical feedback we were used to at the time. They sucked. It was also slow to respond, so if you pushed it three times quickly, it may or may not be in park.
Everyone involved in that design should have been forced to drive the stupid thing for six months and then fired!

Top Bottom