Opinions?

GP NOIR

Hooked
I've wheeled my manual JKU and have had a great time with it. Having the direct control is nice. Wheeling my wife's JLU with an auto in manual mode is very similar. The biggest benefit to the auto is dailying it and highway driving. It's night and day better than the 6 speed. I drive it on the highway far more than off road and feel its better suited for that. It really brings the 3.6l to life. The power is close to how our 2013 Durango with the hemi felt.
I haven’t yet driven the 8 speed auto, but I have seen Jeeps so equipped on the trail and on the road and they perform well. If I were to give up my manual for an automatic, it would have at least 8 gears. Having grown up when 3 speed automatics and 4 speed manuals ruled the Earth, today’s computer controlled automatics to me are pure magic.

But a manual suits me better. When I get into the wife’s Grand Cherokee, the left foot stomps on a nonexistent pedal and the right hand tries to pull the shifter to the left.

jesse3638

Hooked
I haven’t yet driven the 8 speed auto, but I have seen Jeeps so equipped on the trail and on the road and they perform well. If I were to give up my manual for an automatic, it would have at least 8 gears. Having grown up when 3 speed automatics and 4 speed manuals ruled the Earth, today’s computer controlled automatics to me are pure magic.

But a manual suits me better. When I get into the wife’s Grand Cherokee, the left foot stomps on a nonexistent pedal and the right hand tries to pull the shifter to the left.
I do the same thing after driving my jeep all week and then jumping into my wife's jeep...haha

Top Bottom