Our Jeeping Trip to Ouray, July 2016

Johnlmt33

Awesome pictures and video, when I retire in 10 years I am going to try and see all the great places like this .

rlew0083

Love the pics, we are looking forward to returning for a few days Labor Day week. Hitting Santa Fe, Telluride, Aspen, Jackson Hole, and Breckenridge. SW Colorado is our favorite area. I am jealous you did Poughkeepsie, the day we tried it started to rain and sleet and we were all alone so I did not attempt the wall. Maybe next time!

Scuba

Great pics! Looks like you had an amazing trip. Thanks for sharing. Would love to make that trip myself one day.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know if there's been trail maintenance done on the wall? I haven't run Poughkeepsie in a few years but it looks a bit different to me than I recall, especially the bottom part. Looks less challenging than I remember for sure. When were these videos taken?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know if there's been trail maintenance done on the wall? I haven't run Poughkeepsie in a few years but it looks a bit different to me than I recall, especially the bottom part. Looks less challenging than I remember for sure. When were these videos taken?

They are going up the easy right side. The left is more difficult for sure. The right Looks the same as the last few years to me.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
They are going up the easy right side. The left is more difficult for sure. The right Looks the same as the last few years to me.

No way I could have gone up the left side. The guy in the TJ has done it, according to the group I was with.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
No way I could have gone up the left side. The guy in the TJ has done it, according to the group I was with.

I literally watched a guy drive a barely lifted sport up the left side in reverse. It looked easier than the right side if you ask me, but really its all easy.

Great photos! Sorry I couldn't join you that week but we were off on vacation running trails in central Colorado at the Mile high Jeep Club's 'All 4 Fun'. Maybe next time! Looks like you had a busy but great time.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Great pics! Looks like you hit ALL the best trails and Carson, one of the best ghost towns in the state. Well played.:thumb::thumb: Going again next month. It's like catnip.
If you have time the next time you visit check out the Alferd Packer massacre site just south of Lake City. It's a Colorado legend.
AlfiePacker.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Great pics! Looks like you hit ALL the best trails and Carson, one of the best ghost towns in the state. Well played.:thumb::thumb: Going again next month. It's like catnip.
If you have time the next time you visit check out the Alferd Packer massacre site just south of Lake City. It's a Colorado legend.
View attachment 217258

I'm headed back out, this week, but no jeeping in the high altitude country. My Dad & Mom are with us and he has heart and lung problems, so we'll stay down a little lower and sight see. He's been telling people he was going to go out west, for 35 years. The last 5 years or so, he's told people, "I've always wanted to go out west, but I'll never go," so we are taking him. He's 76 and can't handle that much driving, & won't fly.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I'm headed back out, this week, but no jeeping in the high altitude country. My Dad & Mom are with us and he has heart and lung problems, so we'll stay down a little lower and sight see. He's been telling people he was going to go out west, for 35 years. The last 5 years or so, he's told people, "I've always wanted to go out west, but I'll never go," so we are taking him. He's 76 and can't handle that much driving, & won't fly.

Sounds awesome. Good for you.
I'm glad you aren't taking him high. When I was in residency in Denver a co-resident of mine took his fatherinlaw (who had lung problems) up Mt Evans in a car and he ended in the ICU and almost died.

WJCO

Meme King

Let me know if you're in our area. We can meet up.

JeepJeep75

Yea, be careful with your dad at altitude. My wife and I took my mom to Ouray in 2014. We brought a bunch of those disposable oxygen canisters you can get at climbing places. She was 72 and used them quite a bit and was still not feeling 100%. She was super excited to make the trip after 25 plus years of not being there. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471147452.420507.jpg

Top Bottom