P0301, P0201

Threw both these codes yesterday on my way into Moab.

Limped From 70, down 191 into town. Bout 40 minutes.

Ended out swapping the fuel injector. Was amazed that I could get to it without breaking anything down. Just two bolts holding the fuel rail to the lower intake and I was able to work the fuel rail loose enough to pull the injector.

Seems to be running great. My question is, should I replace the plug and ignition coil at cylinder 1 since I drove with the misfire for an hour? Anything else to consider before I continue on this ~2000 mile road trip?

3.6 Pentagram 110,000 miles

IMG_3024.jpeg

Ended out swapping the fuel injector. Was amazed that I could get to it without breaking anything down. Just two bolts holding the fuel rail to the lower intake and I was able to work the fuel rail loose enough to pull the injector.

Seems to be running great. My question is, should I replace the plug and ignition coil at cylinder 1 since I drove with the misfire for an hour? Anything else to consider before I continue on this ~2000 mile road trip?

View attachment 407104
Maybe put in a bottle of Techron and put some miles on it? If there is not currently a misfire, this should help clean-up the plugs.

And the Pentaturd demons strike again. Hope this is the last of your troubles.

On a side note… I’m only a few hours from Moab and I’ve mentioned this before, to ANYONE here on the forum who has issues in or around Moab, I’m always willing to lend a hand if needed. Weather coming down with a trailer or bringing parts from a dealer up here, I’m always down to help out.

jeeeep

Hooked

View attachment 407104
you were able to get to the rail without taking the plenum off?

bad injector likely flooded the plug with fuel, if they are fairly new plugs IMO should be ok otherwise the code would have shown up pretty quick.

Maybe put in a bottle of Techron and put some miles on it? If there is not currently a misfire, this should help clean-up the plugs.

Ok good call. I may try that.

you were able to get to the rail without taking the plenum off?

bad injector likely flooded the plug with fuel, if they are fairly new plugs IMO should be ok otherwise the code would have shown up pretty quick.

Yea the injector was on the passenger side so I was able to just pop out the passenger side of the fuel rail at an angle and work the injector loose.

And yea the plugs have like 10k miles on them…Makes sense about the code.

And the Pentaturd demons strike again. Hope this is the last of your troubles.

On a side note… I’m only a few hours from Moab and I’ve mentioned this before, to ANYONE here on the forum who has issues in or around Moab, I’m always willing to lend a hand if needed. Weather coming down with a trailer or bringing parts from a dealer up here, I’m always down to help out.

Appreciate that.
Honestly i got really lucky that it was cylinder 1 and the swap actually fixed the problem. Otherwise, I’d probably still be in Moab, hitting you up for a hand.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just double check the injector connector for the terminals being “burned” as well. Have seen the connector at the injector being the main culprit for injectors failing. Will work with a new injector for a bit then take out the new one

Just double check the injector connector for the terminals being “burned” as well. Have seen the connector at the injector being the main culprit for injectors failing. Will work with a new injector for a bit then take out the new one

Ok good call. Just look for like physical discoloration at the connector? Like a smoked 110 outlet looks burned? Same thing?

Top Bottom