Paintball Gun

WJCO

Meme King
I'm looking to get a paintball gun just to mess around with. I haven't shot one in years. Anybody have any good brands/ bad brands recommendations. Or features to look for or features to stay away from? This thing doesn't need to be the best out there, but I also don't want a piece of crap that won't work. When I use to shoot them, they were all CO2 powered. Not sure if it's still like that, but I would think so.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm no paint baller but several years ago I looked at them. Tipman still seemed like a top brand. The Tipman pro-lite was a great gun about 20 years ago..haha

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
If your not gonna get into speed ball or actual competitive paint ball, just get a tippman. Theyre one of the few guns you can put away for years and take it back out and it work.

To answer your question, all the competitive paintballers use high pressure air now. Its cheaper to fill, last longer, and can be put in a carbon fiber tank. Half the weight. Makes a huge difference when your running around.

I used ti be super into paintball. Can you tell? [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
No competition here. Just something to shoot around the house or have so I can teach the kids how to shoot on some cardboard. So high pressure air? Do you use a standard compressor to fill up the tank then? Or do you have to go somewhere special to get it filled? If just a compressor, I like that idea as I won't have to purchase the CO2 when it runs out.

Jimmypaget

I used to have a Spyder TL plus. Pretty sweet setup. Standard air will fill em up. We used to use a scuba tank to fill em.

Frydaddy

Around the house... Yea tippmann sounds good. Reliable, mechanical. Electronic markers shoot faster with a lighter trigger, and a ton of settings to tweak, but mechanical can be fun right out of the box. Plus, a mechanical system can take any air source, HPA for the field, or Co2 when youre at home and far from a 4500psi air compressor.

edit: for refilling options, HPA is stuck with a 4500psi compresor, or those weird booster pumps, but Co2 can be refilled at many sporting goods stores.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I have Tippman 95 custom pro that hasn't been used in a number of years in my garage that you can have if you pay shipping. I'm not sure if it still works, I did take care of it when I was still playing as a kid.

It's CO2 but if I remember correctly it isn't that hard to convert it to compressed air.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I had a few guns when I was younger. Had a few Walmart guns and modified one of them for long range games (forget the brand). Then later I got a tipman 98 custom and bought a spider off of a friend for speedball games. Sold both the tipman and spider but still have the walmart gun somewhere lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have Tippman 95 custom pro that hasn't been used in a number of years in my garage that you can have if you pay shipping. I'm not sure if it still works, I did take care of it when I was still playing as a kid.

It's CO2 but if I remember correctly it isn't that hard to convert it to compressed air.

Most people use CO2 but if you into speedball and other fast pace games then the compressed air works better.

WJCO

Meme King
So if I do CO2, do the tanks come pre-filled or do I have to buy it empty and then go fill it up? And what is a common cost for filling a tank and how long will it last? I realize there are different sizes. This won't be something I mess with every day, but lets say I'm in the backyard shooting for an hour. What would be the best or most cost-effective option for something like that?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Interested in hearing about the compressed air... if I can fill it up with my air compressor, it might be worth having. Might have to keep it in the Jeep and sneak up on people during lunch time on the trails :brows:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So if I do CO2, do the tanks come pre-filled or do I have to buy it empty and then go fill it up? And what is a common cost for filling a tank and how long will it last? I realize there are different sizes. This won't be something I mess with every day, but lets say I'm in the backyard shooting for an hour. What would be the best or most cost-effective option for something like that?

Buy them empty and then pretty much any sporting goods store will fill them for about $5-10. That's about what it was when I was playing. It takes maybe all of 4 mins to fill a 32oz tank.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Interested in hearing about the compressed air... if I can fill it up with my air compressor, it might be worth having. Might have to keep it in the Jeep and sneak up on people during lunch time on the trails :brows:

until one of those smacks my jeep and next thing you know i got the 9mm out......

WJCO

Meme King

I did a little googling, most standard compressors won't pressure them enough. That would be awesome if they did.

WJCO

Meme King

Thanks for the offer, Ty. I may take you up on that. Still trying to decide which route I want to go.

A.J.

There are kits you can buy that come with the tank gun and mask. For what you are doing a tippman 98 or similar will work fine. Co2 is what you'll use. After that. The sky is the limit. We used to do giveaways at tournament with the Army recruiters. No need to overthink it for what you want to do. Even a used rental gun would work fine. Your biggest problem will be keeping the balls fresh so they still fly straight.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the offer, Ty. I may take you up on that. Still trying to decide which route I want to go.

If I can dig my old gun out as well you can have it and all the gear I have for it.

As far as which route to go just do CO2 especially since it's just backyard play. Compressed air is used more in the competition side of things due to getting more velocity out of the balls

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
until one of those smacks my jeep and next thing you know i got the 9mm out......

3fc662bc6b413b9210066d251d8e251c09c8a99fc2d7f5491d544a0fb595754c.jpg

I did a little googling, most standard compressors won't pressure them enough. That would be awesome if they did.

Dang... :(

WJCO

Meme King
There are kits you can buy that come with the tank gun and mask. For what you are doing a tippman 98 or similar will work fine. Co2 is what you'll use. After that. The sky is the limit. We used to do giveaways at tournament with the Army recruiters. No need to overthink it for what you want to do. Even a used rental gun would work fine. Your biggest problem will be keeping the balls fresh so they still fly straight.

K cool. So how do I keep my balls fresh? Lol.

If I can dig my old gun out as well you can have it and all the gear I have for it.

As far as which route to go just do CO2 especially since it's just backyard play. Compressed air is used more in the competition side of things due to getting more velocity out of the balls

Man, I should have just titled the thread 'I'm here for the free paintball guns.' Lol. Thanks, Coz. I'll let you know.

Top Bottom