Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

kevman65

Hooked
Okay, here's a real pet peeve of mine. As a lot of you know, Cindy and I spend a LOT of time driving long distances on 2-lane highways and well into the night. And, while it bugs me to no end that people hang on to their high beams until they're a hundred feet in front of me and ONLY turn them off after I flash them for the third time, what really really pisses me off is when they turn their high beams back ON and when they're just 10 feet in front of me. Like, somehow, they're past the point of where their frickin lights wouldn't blind the hell out of me.
Two words,

LIGHT BAR

GP NOIR

Hooked
One peeve is the knuckle butt getting on the freeway at five or ten miles an hour slower than the flow of traffic, forcing folks in the slow lane to hit the brakes or go around them to avoid a collision. After going around this knuckle butt and settling back into the speed you were going before being cut off, they speed up and pass you with a dirty look as if you were the person inconveniencing them.

A peeve of mine are blind merges onto highways, where you are supposed to yield to traffic but can not see a thing.

The worst of these I have encountered is near San Antonio, New Mexico, where you are expected to go around a curving ramp which is safe for perhaps 45mph in a jeep, while injection "merging" onto a highway (IH 25) where the typical speed is no less than 80mph. Since the ramp is from below the highway, and curves to the right, you can not see a thing, and trucks on the highway can not see you either until the very last second.

Chain Reaction

Okay, here's a real pet peeve of mine. As a lot of you know, Cindy and I spend a LOT of time driving long distances on 2-lane highways and well into the night. And, while it bugs me to no end that people hang on to their high beams until they're a hundred feet in front of me and ONLY turn them off after I flash them for the third time, what really really pisses me off is when they turn their high beams back ON and when they're just 10 feet in front of me. Like, somehow, they're past the point of where their frickin lights wouldn't blind the hell out of me.
We have one genius here in Austin that I encounter every morning driving to work, who never turns his brights off, and when you flash your brights he will turn his brights off then back on. The other one that really bugs me is people who drive behind me with their brights on.

GP NOIR

Hooked
A peeve of mine are blind merges onto highways, where you are supposed to yield to traffic but can not see a thing.

The worst of these I have encountered is near San Antonio, New Mexico, where you are expected to go around a curving ramp which is safe for perhaps 45mph in a jeep, while injection "merging" onto a highway (IH 25) where the typical speed is no less than 80mph. Since the ramp is from below the highway, and curves to the right, you can not see a thing, and trucks on the highway can not see you either until the very last second.
There’s an exit in Seattle like that. It’s where part of the I-5 goes underground. The deceleration ramp is short just before the ramp makes a hard, decreasing radius right onto a surface street at a traffic light. When you enter the off-ramp, you can’t see a thing. A lot of people crash there.

jesse3638

Hooked
^^^This^^^

When I'm carrying cargo on my rear hitch rack it causes my low beams to be angled higher seeming like my high beams are on. Rather than oncoming traffic flash me to get me to turn them off they just get within a couple hundred feet and turn their brights on. I've even had people turn on their light bars or off road lights. Another thing I discovered while out at KOH the last two weeks is people seem to think that as soon as their wheels hit dirt they need to turn on all their "off road" lights. Little do they realize that on or off road they're still blinding to oncoming traffic and could be more courteous.

The light bar fucks!
Ugh. Day or night. You ain’t kidding Jesse. It seems to be a recent phenomenon where everyone seems to think they need to be brighter than the sun the second they get off road.
Perhaps this goes hand-in-hand with people who mount roof-top tents plus awning on their truck, with Max tracks, and Jerry cans, even though their truck never leaves the city.

Ddays

Hooked
Noticed a lot more tractor trailers running light bars mounted on or at their bumper height that leave them on 24/7
damn things are obnoxious even during the day

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The light bar fucks!
Ugh. Day or night. You ain’t kidding Jesse. It seems to be a recent phenomenon where everyone seems to think they need to be brighter than the sun the second they get off road.
Agreed, seems to be a newish thing and It really is so fricken stupid and annoying for sure!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don’t know when it became a thing for everyone to start bringing their fuckin dogs into places like grocery stores and Costco but this shit really bugs the hell out of me.
View attachment 401696
And there’s no way this rug rat is a service dog.
Amen. At least this person said screw it and didn’t try to hide it. I hate the ones that put them in bags or what not to try and hide them.

Ddays

Hooked
I don’t know when it became a thing for everyone to start bringing their fuckin dogs into places like grocery stores and Costco but this shit really bugs the hell out of me.
View attachment 401696
And there’s no way this rug rat is a service dog.

and then they get annoyed when you try to pet the damn things. Screw you, I’m petting the doggo dipshit, that’s what we do

jeeeep

Hooked
Unfortunate Californian here, anyone have any tips for conceal carrying my German Shepherd into Costco?
I think the store for the carry backpack is based in California

chuck_schumer_halloween_mask_poster-r949c0d758ee848ec99ab90e7c884895c_wve_8byvr_704.jpg

dog mask.jpg

Top Bottom