Pintler Beadlock Problems

Wideglide10

Wanted to throw this out there and see if anybody has had similar experience. Have a set of Pintler beadlocks and noticed what appeared to be cracks around where the spoke and rim meet on atleast 2 wheels. I thought with AEV having a lifetime structural warranty this might be a concern. After speaking with them the response was if they are not leaking are you are fine, just run them. Frankly I wouldn't think you want wheels coming apart on the highway causing an accident, but if thats the response probably have bought my last AEV product. Let me know anybodys thoughts. 2015-01-01 14.24.24.jpg 2015-01-01 14.24.38.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It seems like they keep saying they have fixed the issues and then another cracked wheel thread pops up. It sucks for people who have these wheels. I would force their hand and try to get new wheels.

Wardell

Wow. This is the first I've seen or heard of this issue with AEV's wheels, and they're one of the wheels I was thinking about getting.

Please keep us posted on what AEV does about these. You'd think they would make a better product that wouldn't crack... or at least support their consumers better than that... :grayno:

Wideglide10

Correct, I was surprised also. But also said that they aren't producing the beadlock anymore either. These are early casting wheels but only have about 5,000-7,000 miles on them. I have a feeling this won't be corrected before Moab regardless.

Wideglide10

I was hoping by getting some conversation around them it might help. Too bad because I also have black pintlers that my wife has on for daily driving and I bought and installed a 3.5 inch lift for another family members Jeep.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The old and new versions crack. They should put a "not for off road use" sticker on these things.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Didn't think the beadlocks cracked, only the normal street versions. Now it makes sense why they arnt making the beadlocks anymore lol. Sucks this happened to you. Hopefully they do something for you.

Mikes Offroad

If you are the original owner of these rims the warranty should be good to go. The issue comes around if you are not the original owner then there is no warranty. I had the same issues with RVC axle shafts, was told by RVC if I was not the original purchaser there would be no warranty if they broke. If you talk to Dave at AEV and show proof of purchase I would think they would honor that warranty. Do you know if this was an old set or a new batch? Reason I am asking is I have a set of the new batch and have had no issues (always looking after wheeling). Hope that helps.

Wideglide10

These are old batch wheels. Relative purchased them but was told doesn't matter as they have a lifetime structural warranty. Like I said it was the response more than anything.

Mikes Offroad

I have heard of them old ones cracking but saying that everything I have heard was that they were replaced. Have you spoken to Dave (I hope that's his name) at AEV? I have had nothing but positive results every time I have spoken with him. Saying that I have the new batch and have had to discuss cracked rims. Hope things work out for you.

Wideglide10

I sent him a private note on the AEV forum hopefully I get a response. Thanks again. Bigger issue is I don't believe they have anymore wheels. Maybe they could get from one of their distributors.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Scott,

I had a regular Pintler that was only 5 months old show signs of a crack. It was still holding air and neither myself or America's Tire could determine for sure if it was a deep scratch or a crack. Based on its location right at the base of the spoke, we felt it was more likely a crack than a scratch. I called AEV directly, sent them a picture and they quickly offered to send out a replacement wheel free of charge. The whole process was painless and quick.

Hope this helps!

Wideglide10

I called, sent photos and was told to run them. I didn't agree with that so I emailed Dave directly and still no response.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I called, sent photos and was told to run them. I didn't agree with that so I emailed Dave directly and still no response.

Ouch, that isn't very good customer service or a supposed "lifetime structural warranty". Good luck on getting this resolved

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
From what I've seen on their forum there is a lifetime structural warranty....you should get that exchanged and not run it.
I run the same and checked with the dealer on this side of the pond and the answer is definitely changed in case of problem.....i wonder how that is going to work out when they run out of stock! (after all they stopped producing and selling them):thinking:

Top Bottom