PROOF of the Fabled NEW Jeep Truck???

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Love it. If the freedom panels make it to production, that would be awesome. We were considering a Renegade but are holding off until the final design and pricing comes out for the truck. If it's anything even remotely like the brute, then we will be a 2 Jeep family again.
As far as a Wrangler based truck over any of the other many options, to me it's because I love Jeeps. There is a lot of history and heritage to the Jeep truck. Although I do like Tacoma's a lot as well, to me there is no comparison. I love Jeeps and I love trucks, so this marries the two together. It's like saying why one brand over another. It's just personal preference, and I am preferential to Jeeps! Plus, I want a 4 door version of this lol!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469052337.351568.jpg

madstiles

I dig it I'm not a full size truck guy I have a Chevy Avalanche and they recently quit making those so I think this will fit nicely in category with the Colorado and such but time will tell if they hit the mark .

Buster3479

I actually like it from either aspect. I'd love a Jeep branded capable small-mid-size truck to drive to and from work and as a grocery getter everyday. This doesn't appear to fit that.

On the other hand, a large, super long wheel base truck with a good towing capacity, adding an equalizer hitch and brake controller just might be the perfect way to tow my JKU across the country on a light aluminum trailer. I'm not into the idea of having a tow rig, but heading from MD to California to wheel having a tow platform would give me the warm fuzzies to make such a trip by myself. It could double as a weekend boat hauler, and home project hauler that I can still drive everyday.

It's about the heritage, capability, and ability to work on it myself for me. Jeep On!

FireHawk

Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of the fullsize bed on this proto? That's one reason I think the wrangler-truck conversions look so cool is because of the short little bed they end up with. Proportionally I think the short bed just looks much better, obviously for utility it wouldn't be such a winner though.

po5000

wow

where and when can i get one i want one bad :thumb: :yup: :clap2: :beer: :brows: :dont_tell:

Ddays

Hooked
Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of the fullsize bed on this proto? That's one reason I think the wrangler-truck conversions look so cool is because of the short little bed they end up with. Proportionally I think the short bed just looks much better, obviously for utility it wouldn't be such a winner though.

There's no way that's the finished bed. That's something cobbled up and thrown on there. The wheel well openings don't line up and it looks like a ram tailgate. The cab does look like its at least a finished prototype if not the final version. Good camo job tho. Can't wait for a god spy photo less the disguise!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
There's no way that's the finished bed. That's something cobbled up and thrown on there. The wheel well openings don't line up and it looks like a ram tailgate. The cab does look like its at least a finished prototype if not the final version. Good camo job tho. Can't wait for a god spy photo less the disguise!

Agreed. They are just using the bed from a ram or Dakota to test it out. The final bed will prob be shorter

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Awesome.

I say hubcaps hiding the wheels. The grill has some slant to it. I thought the windshield had more slant too, but realized it is just camo a pillars. Definately a cobbled together bed, maybe a dakota bed.

But, this means they are trying to work it out.

My first vehicle was almost an 84 Scrambler Lerado, in 1989, but couldnt get the money arranged. I still want one.

FuddyMucker

Big Dog

This thing will be awesome for those of us with bigger dogs. A nice place for them to hang out when they're wet and muddy! Love it!

stormtroopedjk

Everyone keeps saying things about the bed.. This is not the finished product bed it's just to test the drivetrain and to throw people off. Honestly I think it's going to be a badass truck. About time jeep makes a factory jeep truck that's more affordable than the brute (hopefully) lo

trailless

Caught the Bug
I'm assuming it'll look more complete once finished. If they make a soft top version, it's going to be real hard to not trade in my Jeep.

Top Bottom