PSC Big Bore XD2

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Hi all,

So, I have a question. Can you install the PSC Big Bore XD2 without installing the new reservoir and pump? I plan on eventually adding those parts but not right now.

I have spent a lot of money on my Jeep in the past year and have a lot of other projects going on. I just bought new tires, Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.5x17, then I sprung a coolant leak in the worst possibe location and it cost my $1200 to have it fixed. It was literally spraying out in a stream from the Timing Chain Cover gasket. So, I had to have that replaced. Then I finally had my Rubicon transfer case installed and I just bought everything too finally hook up my air lockers, I bought the ARB Twin Air Compressor and everything to install it under the passenger seat.

The reason I want to put the PSC Big Bore in, I have broke my steering sector shaft once before on the trail, I should have bought the PSC then but I bought an OEM. It sucked changing it on the trail. I plan on doing some more offroading now that I think I am done with surgeries and medical stuff. I just would rather have a stronger gear box and steering sector shaft in it.

I also do have upgraded axles on the Jeep, so those should be good to go for the most part. I snapped a front axle and ended up installing a Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 in the rear and a Pro Rock 44 upfront with Adams 1350 drive shafts.

I apperciate any comments and suggestions ahead of time.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzQwNjM1MTQ5XzEwMjEyOTI3MDEwOD...jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzY5NzE4NDYzXzEwMjE1NTIyMDMwNj...jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzQ4Mzc1NTc3XzEwMjEzNzIxNjM0ND...jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzQ3NTc5NTgxXzEwMjEzNjQ2NTE4OD...jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzQ4MjY5MTYxXzEwMjEzNjQ2NTE4MT...jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzQ3NjgxMjEzXzEwMjEzNjQ2NTE3OT...jpg

I would say you can. I think it uses the same pump and resi that the other kits used.

I would call them just to be sure.

Yes, you can run the box alone. I will say it does benefit you to add the pump and reservoir while you are in there.

Yes, I had run mine that way for a couple years with no issues and it made a big difference over stock. Make sure you order the gear ported for the ram in the future.

I’m running just the box (with 35’s) and have had zero issues. I did flush the system with Swepco flushing fluid and used the 715. Wjstudios was a big help in walking me through it. Definitely do not overfill the fluid. I do plan on adding the PSC lines and pump in the future though... Just because.

I’m running just the box (with 35’s) and have had zero issues. I did flush the system with Swepco flushing fluid and used the 715. Wjstudios was a big help in walking me through it. Definitely do not overfill the fluid. I do plan on adding the PSC lines and pump in the future though... Just because.
great point on the flush, forgot about that part

Top Bottom