Purchased a Hybrid today.

jeeeep

Hooked
:eek: yea...I filled up yesterday about $70 and need to refill again today...
with the good deals I'm seeing on some of these cars I'm going shopping today...gas savings will make the payment.
beside, i'll need something to drive while it's off getting the LS Swap!
and my daughter starts driving in 6 months so I'll need to get it broken in lol

JRoc

54 mpg

008.jpg

I was so inspired by all of the fuel savings discussed here in this thread that I decided to share my Asian fuel sipper...

Sadly, my wife negotiated a tough deal. I have to sell my rocket to help pay for my Jeep build. :naw::idontknow:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
The hybrids tend to be the equivalent of "hope and change" bumper stickers for left leaning hippis who support destroying the Constitution and good ol American values. I for one would rather ride a bike to save gas. This was my license plate when I lived in California just to piss off the hippis.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409707906.646658.jpg

gleno99

The hybrids tend to be the equivalent of "hope and change" bumper stickers for left leaning hippis who support destroying the Constitution and good ol American values. I for one would rather ride a bike to save gas. This was my license plate when I lived in California just to piss off the hippis.

View attachment 98441

That's great! Did Anyone ever say anything to you about it?

spinuck

While I cant see myself driving a Prius or Kia Hybrid, there are some badass hybrid supercars. Hopefully the industry will bridge the gap and have a better selection of fast and fun to drive but get very high mileage.

2RedRigs

View attachment 98441

I could afford Viper, I couldn't afford the $79.80 a day in gas to drive it. (60 miles / 3 mpg ) * 3.99 a gallon super unleaded gas. My drive today to work and back cost me $4.78. And if that means my bald head is a hippie, so be it, pass me the bong, I have money left over.:bleh:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I could afford Viper, I couldn't afford the $79.80 a day in gas to drive it. (60 miles / 3 mpg ) * 3.99 a gallon super unleaded gas. My drive today to work and back cost me $4.78. And if that means my bald head is a hippie, so be it, pass me the bong, I have money left over.:bleh:

Nothing against you brother. I just couldn't "sell out" and support the lefties with an Eco rig, but that's just me. I'm a bit "extreme" on these beliefs as I would rather take a bullet to my noggin than cast a vote for the current prez. Hell I won't even get in a Prius taxi at the airport I wait for a minivan or a something that isn't "green". Have to admit that the tesla is a green rig that is pretty damned cool though....

Last edited:

2RedRigs

Nothing against you brother. I just couldn't "sell out" and support the lefties with an Eco rig, but that's just me. I'm a bit "extreme" on these beliefs as I would rather take a bullet to my noggin than cast a vote for the current prez. Hell I won't even get in a Prius taxi at the airport I wait for a minivan or a something that isn't "green". Have to admit that the tesla is a green rig that is pretty damned cool though....

Had a 99 LS1 Firebird Trans Am for 14 years that I absolutely loved to death. Recently sold it and it was tough to do. But I was always so paranoid of where I would park it, who was parking next to me, who was riding my ass in traffic and not paying attention where they were going. Only time I really enjoyed the car was when I was at the track. And in the last couple of years I wasn't even doing that anymore. That's pretty much why I don't have one of the new stingrays right now. To many a-holes out there looking to mess up your ride either by accident or on purpose. It was always more stress in my life I just didn't need.

Here is a Tesla drag racing here at Bandimere west of Denver.

Last edited:

Soonerschooner

Living in SE Oklahoma & working for the "Flying H" I would turn in my man card voluntarily if I bought one. CNG is acceptable for oil field trash to drive, but not even partial electric.

2RedRigs

Living in SE Oklahoma & working for the "Flying H" I would turn in my man card voluntarily if I bought one. CNG is acceptable for oil field trash to drive, but not even partial electric.

Yeah if I had to live in Oklahomo I wouldn't want to screw around in a slow ass hybrid either, I would want the fastest car they made to get me out of that shit hole. Every time I have to drive down to Texas I have to pass through there, why in the hell would anyone choose to live there?

Soonerschooner

Because Halliburton pays very well! Originally from the Eastern sided of the state where there are actually trees and hills. Sadly now I live in the flat SW about 30min North of TX, where it's flatter, more desolate & even worse.

Oh and BOOMER SOONER!

2RedRigs

Guess I'm man enough not to need a car to determine my man hood.:blahblah:

And not once has a woman ever said no because of what car I drive...... She always said no because of how ugly I was. :eek::cheesy:

RockyJk

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: thinking about getting kitty a Chevy volt for her commute from Antioch to Pleasanton though, the gas savings will make the car payment :yup: "merica"
You could get her a sonic and she could do this
http://youtu.be/axRU_Hu2BBo

Lol yea I'm thinking about getting myself a daily driver too I've put over 6k miles in the 2.5 months I've owned my new jeep 😨

Top Bottom