Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

Well, I just wasted a few hours tonight trying to come up with the way I had my tj side markers led work on a jk. Key on, sides flashed. Regardless of whether the parking lights were on or not. With the jk, and the mod to make them flash, the parking lights have to be on first. But as my buddy John pointed out to me - the jk's can bus is probably what is stopping it to work the way I had it on the tj. Sucks.
1406956218213.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

Here's a pic of how stuck the skid loader was :)
View attachment 93867

Yeah- That's fairly stuck! I've gotten those things semi-stuck before, but I have always been able to push it back with the bucket. Looks like it was a little beyond that!

Good job!

Did you just hook up a chain to the loosely bolted on tow hook on the back of a rig that just hammered the gas and gave a good jerk while lots of people were standing nearby?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

pvanweelden

Lol, Used a chain to a tree and the bucket to get it up a little, then a added a winch. Inch by inch. He didn't want another vehicle down in there incase we couldn't get it back out, so he started with the chains before we got there.

CZEBJKU

That is so cool. :thumbup: What the heck is that orange, green, purple looking balloon supposed to be?

pvanweelden

Lol, it was some sort of pirate/parrot, not sure why, but it was a crowd favorite, arrg!
1407038496131.jpg

CZEBJKU

Weird, cool and fugly all in one. Maybe that is one that would look better in real life. Idk!? :thinking:

pvanweelden

It was a favorite because it was different, hopefully the little kids don't have nightmares tonight :)

pvanweelden

Sorry Curt :)
On a plus note- got invited to check out another private wheeling spot in iowa tomorrow :) taking atch and Rich with- hopefully it will be fun :)

David1tontj

It was a favorite because it was different, hopefully the little kids don't have nightmares tonight :)

That's what I was thinking. I would have a lot of explaining to do to my daughter if she saw that thing!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

CZEBJKU

I survived the nightmares.
That is awesome that you are getting on some private land.:thumbup: I also visited an area yesterday that I used to wheel in highschool. It is now private land :( I ran into the owners cousin and got names and numbers. Hopefully they will let me wheel there again.

pvanweelden

Private wheeling spot turned out to be awesome! 2 playground areas, wheeled with a few buggies today, one guy rolled, landed one his wheels and kept on going :)
1407108808528.jpg
1407108827071.jpg
1407108849934.jpg
1407108863826.jpg

1407108885129.jpg
1407108954720.jpg
1407108984102.jpg

CZEBJKU

Well that looks like alot of fun! Awesome pics :thumbup: Totally jealous.

JKBlackie

Private wheeling spot turned out to be awesome! 2 playground areas, wheeled with a few buggies today, one guy rolled, landed one his wheels and kept on going :)
View attachment 94193
View attachment 94194
View attachment 94195
View attachment 94196

View attachment 94197
View attachment 94198
View attachment 94199

Man that looks like some fun land! I wish I could find something like that around me! Looking good out there buddy!

David1tontj

Jealous....

pvanweelden

Figured I would post this so maybe it will help someone else- if you run any wiring or air hose down the passenger frame rail at the engine area- keep it tight to the rail and cover it with heat tape.
After driving for ten hours straight to CO a few weeks ago I noticed my high temp air hose that ties all 4 corner disconnects together had a hole in it. My main oba still worked so I waited to repair the hose until I got back home.
I found that at the same spot I had wires for my rock lights in wire loom and the loom had melted.
1407701423284.jpg
1407701443193.jpg

Top Bottom