Rampage or Bestop Soft top

StrizzyChris

I originally went with Bestop since most members on here had this top and had high praise for the ease of use and quality. I would go with Bestop every time from now on due to their amazing customer service. I actually just posted about this on my build thread a week or so ago

This link -> HERE and post #461 shows their response

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have recently installed a rampage top and a trektop and to me there is no contest. The quality and design of the bestop is far better. Which is why they make jeeps factory soft top. The fit and finish of the trektop was much more factory like. Plus you get the sunrider feature. As stated, the only down side is window storage... but you dont have those bra straps either. It would be an easy choice for me.

I originally went with Bestop since most members on here had this top and had high praise for the ease of use and quality. I would go with Bestop every time from now on due to their amazing customer service. I actually just posted about this on my build thread a week or so ago

This link -> HERE and post #461 shows their response

You guys go with Twill or Black Diamond?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Ok I am sold on the Trextop NX. After looking at additional information as well. Now, I gotta decide on tires.

Brankz

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425226100.001559.jpg

Can you see the crack? Now that is raining is leaking air bad, not water only wind

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Can anybody post up pics the difference between Twill and Black Diamond. Is one like the new tops that feel more some and jet black?

Can anybody post up pics the difference between Twill and Black Diamond. Is one like the new tops that feel more some and jet black?

Sorry they are dirty but you kinda get the picture :) twill is a lot thicker and darker. Think more of felt than canvas. It's not felt but trying to describe it. It's a lot quieter but more expensive too.

Twill
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425238770.988460.jpg

Black Diamond
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425238794.965538.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks appreciate it. The BD is like how my top came on my 2011.

Yes the black diamond is the standard top and the twill is the "premium" top. The twill is a nicer material and a little quieter (from what I have heard)

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Yes the black diamond is the standard top and the twill is the "premium" top. The twill is a nicer material and a little quieter (from what I have heard)

IMHO, I like the BD. The other feels different. I went to the dealership to compare them are still like the original. I have been really happy with my top now and never really noticed how noisy it was.

Besides if I take care of this one the money I saved will go for other mods!:beer:

TerpForHire

I totally agree that the savings by getting the BD can be better used. This is the next thing I'm going to buy.

Brankz

Brankz that will no work. The header you need is built into the top when manufacturing and cannot be replaced with out replacing the whole top. Post up some pictures on where your header is cracked.

R/
Will

Can you see the crack? Now that is raining is leaking air bad, not water only air[/QUOTE]

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Got it yesterday! Can't wait for a little warmer weather to put it on. Thats to Quadretec and their fast shipping!

Top Bottom