Random Internet Shit you've come across

onlyone

Honest question. Do y’all think that the IRS shouldn’t actually be going after people and corporations for not paying taxes and/or for claiming bullshit deductions? I don’t have a bunch of deductions and I pay well over $100K a year in straight up withholding. So, from where I sit, bring it the fuck on. I’m sick and tired of paying for a bunch of freeloading, entitled pieces of shit who think they deserve to live a comfortable life without ever doing much of anything.
Fuck the IRS. They are the entitled pieces of shit.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Honest question. Do y’all think that the IRS shouldn’t actually be going after people and corporations for not paying taxes and/or for claiming bullshit deductions? I don’t have a bunch of deductions and I pay well over $100K a year in straight up withholding. So, from where I sit, bring it the fuck on. I’m sick and tired of paying for a bunch of freeloading, entitled pieces of shit who think they deserve to live a comfortable life without ever doing much of anything.
I think everyone should pay their share of taxes. There’s a lot of different ways to look at taxes but I think a flat tax is fair. But either way, I don’t think having more IRS agents than pentagon employees, FBI employees and border patrol agents combined lines up with having the best interests of the country in mind. Not to mention that first Kevin McCarthy said they’d be tasked with auditing households making less than 75k then the IRS commissioner comes out and says “no, it won’t be anyone making less than 400k”. I don’t trust any of these fuckers. Im not worried about an audit, all my taxes are in order. But as with the other 75% of the shit the government blows money on, I think it could be used better elsewhere.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I think everyone should pay their share of taxes. There’s a lot of different ways to look at taxes but I think a flat tax is fair. But either way, I don’t think having more IRS agents than pentagon employees, FBI employees and border patrol agents combined lines up with having the best interests of the country in mind. Not to mention that first Kevin McCarthy said they’d be tasked with auditing households making less than 75k then the IRS commissioner comes out and says “no, it won’t be anyone making less than 400k”. I don’t trust any of these fuckers. Im not worried about an audit, all my taxes are in order. But as with the other 75% of the shit the government blows money on, I think it could be used better elsewhere.
In my prior career representing contractors, subcontractors, and engineers, I can honestly say that almost every one of them had every car, truck, trailer, RV, side by side, and even boat, depreciating trough their business. It’s fucking laughable. If the middle and upper class actually paid the taxes they are supposed to pay, our country would be a much different place. I pay out the ass and it hurts; but, I follow the law. I just wish everyone else would do the same.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
…and I am still paying off my student loans. I’ve never been late on a payment to anyone, ever. I don’t expect forgiveness and I don’t want it. I made a calculated decision and it paid off. It took decades to earn the level that I’ve earned, but it paid off. I am so sick and tired of hearing people bitch and complain and demand certain things out of life when they have literally taken no personal risk.

Our forefathers are rolling in their graves…at both sides

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Fuck the IRS. They are the entitled pieces of shit.
Why, exactly? How much of your salary do you think you should have to pay to the IRS? How much is national defense worth to you? What about interstate roads? Air travel? Medicare? Social Security? I’m not hating. I’m legitimately curious about how much skin in the game you think that you should have to have as an individual.

And how are they entitled? You think they are living the high life in Costs Rica?

Fuck, the way I see it, if more people paid what they are supposed to, maybe I’d stop getting raped.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I would love a flat tax. Take a fixed percentage, no deductions. No bullshit differentiation between capital gains, regular income, distributions/dividends, etc.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
The 87,000 new IRS agents are about intimidation. You should be asking yourself what new tax laws are coming that will need this type of enforcement.

The Federal government has an insatiable hunger for more $$ and will never stop squeezing the middle class. The so called poor people don’t pay taxes and and in fact get lots of give-aways. Rich people have accountants, tax lawyers, off shore accounts, trusts, charities and so on. The middle class always gets screwed and will always bear the brunt of an out of control Fed Gov.

As for taxing big corporations more….that’s laughable as they pass the cost to the consumer and the middle class gets screwed even more.

All those crazy tax laws were put into place by the very same politicians who voted for 87,000 more IRS agents….. 🤔

The level of waste and corruption is what ultimately drives this. Think about this- we give foreign aid to countries that we borrow $$ from. 😳 WTF?!?!? 😱

Repeal the 16th as a start. The state you live in should be who you pay your taxes to. The Fed Gov should be required to submit its budget to your state for approval of Fed Gov operating costs. These costs should only be for items relating to the legitimate Constitutional responsibilities of the Fed Gov.

Yeah, I know this is a fantasy but so was America 🇺🇸 in 1776.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
In my prior career representing contractors, subcontractors, and engineers, I can honestly say that almost every one of them had every car, truck, trailer, RV, side by side, and even boat, depreciating trough their business. It’s fucking laughable. If the middle and upper class actually paid the taxes they are supposed to pay, our country would be a much different place. I pay out the ass and it hurts; but, I follow the law. I just wish everyone else would do the same.
Do you honestly think doubling the size of the IRS is actually going to do anything? How much in taxes do illegals pay? What’s laughable is the government spending of taxpayers dollars.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would love a flat tax. Take a fixed percentage, no deductions. No bullshit differentiation between capital gains, regular income, distributions/dividends, etc.
An intern computer engineer could create some basic software to calculate taxes and not even need half the IRS employees we currently have. The fact that the IRS can’t figure out how much I need to pay is mind boggling.

Kuboske

Wow.... Where do I even start with this....
Sharkey, you are not a social conservative, and now a cheerleader for the IRS???
First of all, before the the U.S. government should "go after" any tax paying citizen, maybe they should stop squandering taxpayer money on so many ridiculous, unconstitutional things...
Like supporting Ukraine.
In my prior career representing contractors, subcontractors, and engineers, I can honestly say that almost every one of them had every car, truck, trailer, RV, side by side, and even boat, depreciating trough their business. It’s fucking laughable.
…and I am still paying off my student loans. I’ve never been late on a payment to anyone, ever. I don’t expect forgiveness and I don’t want it. I made a calculated decision and it paid off.

Our forefathers are rolling in their graves…at both sides
Why, exactly? How much of your salary do you think you should have to pay to the IRS? How much is national defense worth to you? What about interstate roads? Air travel? Medicare? Social Security?

Fuck, the way I see it, if more people paid what they are supposed to, maybe I’d stop getting raped.
Trucks, trailers, side by sides, boats, and even airplanes are legitimate depreciable assets in certain businesses. Cars too.

Still paying on student loans? At what, 50 something?
There's a guy by the name of Dave Ramsey who writes books and hosts a radio show. I suggest you look him up.

Our forefathers WOULD be rolling in their graves. At the bloated abomination our federal government has become...

Surely such a "smart" lawyer would notice how out of control defense spending is? Ukraine, again?

Interstate highways and air travel is funded by user fees. Not exactly a hot spot for tax evasion. Especially since taxes are collected at the refinery.

Of course you, Sharkey, would love a flat tax. You stated you don't have a "bunch of deductions". That's because you make a ton of money with your mouth.
Farmers, ranchers, truckers, miners, etc., require a huge investment to run their business.

Is this bitterness and bullshit what they teach in law school?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sharkey, you are not a social conservative, and now a cheerleader for the IRS???
First of all, before the the U.S. government should "go after" any tax paying citizen, maybe they should stop squandering taxpayer money on so many ridiculous, unconstitutional things...
Like supporting Ukraine.

Trucks, trailers, side by sides, boats, and even airplanes are legitimate depreciable assets in certain businesses. Cars too.

There's a guy by the name of Dave Ramsey who writes books and hosts a radio show. I suggest you look him up.

Our forefathers WOULD be rolling in their graves. At the bloated abomination our federal government has become...

Surely such a "smart" lawyer would notice how out of control defense spending is? Ukraine, again?

Interstate highways and air travel is funded by user fees. Not exactly a hot spot for tax evasion. Especially since taxes are collected at the refinery.

Of course you, Sharkey, would love a flat tax. You stated you don't have a "bunch of deductions". That's because you make a ton of money with your mouth.
Farmers, ranchers, truckers, miners, etc., require a huge investment to run their business.

You lost me at defending farmers who take billions in government handouts because they have no idea how to run a business.

WJCO

Meme King
Since we're having so much fun here this morning, I'll throw in my two cents. Below at the bottom is the history of the 'income tax' right from the IRS website. I think it's a good read. I think there is certainly a time/place for taxes.

With that being said, I think the new 87k IRS agents is appalling and a waste of money. The real problem is the decades worth of Federal Government spending. There are so many stupid things that money is being spent on. As this happens, the people are squeezed more and more just to make ends meet because the purchasing power of our money is diminishing.

Taxes go up, cost of living goes up (utilities, housing, groceries, fuel), insurance, etc. How many people are honestly making more money than they were 5-10 years ago to keep up with the costs associated with inflation?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Do you honestly think doubling the size of the IRS is actually going to do anything? How much in taxes do illegals pay? What’s laughable is the government spending of taxpayers dollars.
No. I actually don’t. But I am so sick of hearing people bitch when they do nothing, pay nothing, want more, and take advantage of everything.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Like supporting Ukraine.

Ha! You don’t have the slightest clue what I do or who I work for.

I’m not a cheerleader for the IRS, I’m a cheerleader against people who want everything for free and have little to no skin in the game.

I know who Dave Ramsey is; I was actually just at EntreLeadership in Florida a few months ago. You should look it up and attend. The $50K I borrowed in law school (at less than 2%) has WAY more than paid for itself…but thanks for looking out for my finances. 👍🏼

The government is absolutely bloated, broken, corrupt, self-perpetuating, etc., etc., etc. That does not, however, mean that the general population isn’t also fucked up in many ways. Everyone wants something for nothing.

This would eliminate most of the politics related to taxes and class warfare. Mitt Romney was right that the majority pays no effective taxes. If anyone pays taxes, then all should pay taxes on actual income. This should help solve current politics which is about give-aways, or resistance to it.

Hard working Americans who own property, but not a sheltering business, are the ones who pay most of the taxes.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
This would eliminate most of the politics related to taxes and class warfare. Mitt Romney was right that the majority pays no effective taxes. If anyone pays taxes, then all should pay taxes on actual income. This should help solve current politics which is about give-aways, or resistance to it.

Hard working Americans who own property, but not a sheltering business, are the ones who pay most of the taxes.
Exactly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It is funny to me how people seem to think that the IRS or even a federal income tax has always been a thing when in truth, for almost 100 years, neither existed in this country. In fact, both only became a thing to help fund the Civil War and actually went away a decade later. I'm with AZVAJKU, The 16th Amendment needs to go.

onlyone

Why, exactly? How much of your salary do you think you should have to pay to the IRS? How much is national defense worth to you? What about interstate roads? Air travel? Medicare? Social Security? I’m not hating. I’m legitimately curious about how much skin in the game you think that you should have to have as an individual.

And how are they entitled? You think they are living the high life in Costs Rica?

There are many different way to collect taxes than this huge bureaucracy that intimidates and wastes unknown amounts of money. Get a grip. As I said, Fuck the IRS. This has nothing to do with what I think about public services, stop trying to make it about it. Your precious government would still operate without this huge pile of crap.

Ddays

Hooked

Has the IRS been so badly understaffed that they are now in need of 87,000 more people?!? Holy fuck, that's a whole new branch of government!
And they couldn't have done a better job of getting everyone's underwear knotted up with that asinine ad they placed. They helped set the tone of these reactions.

Top Bottom