Random Internet Shit you've come across

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
In my prior career representing contractors, subcontractors, and engineers, I can honestly say that almost every one of them had every car, truck, trailer, RV, side by side, and even boat, depreciating trough their business. It’s fucking laughable. If the middle and upper class actually paid the taxes they are supposed to pay, our country would be a much different place. I pay out the ass and it hurts; but, I follow the law. I just wish everyone else would do the same.
Well I’ll just say I strongly disagree with that. I’d compare that to having a crackhead child who blows all their money on drugs. But if you just give them more money, they’ll turn things around. C’mon man.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
There are many different way to collect taxes than this huge bureaucracy that intimidates and wastes unknown amounts of money. Get a grip. As I said, Fuck the IRS. This has nothing to do with what I think about public services, stop trying to make it about it. Your precious government would still operate without this huge pile of crap.
Hahaha! My precious government? That’s funny. I don’t want bigger government. Hell, I wish we didn’t have to have much of a federal government at all. I also wish people didn’t cheat and lie on their taxes.

I was just curious as to why you said they were self-entitled. I’ve never actually met an IRS employee so I don’t know if they are any more self-entitled than any other federal/state employee.

Dumping the 16th is an interesting concept. There are at least 10 states that take more money from the federal government than they put in. Without the 16th, they would at least be forced to become self sufficient.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well I’ll just say I strongly disagree with that. I’d compare that to having a crackhead child who blows all their money on drugs. But if you just give them more money, they’ll turn things around. C’mon man.
That’s fair. I agree that the federal government has failed miserably as stewards of our money. I’ve just grown tired of seeing so many people game the system (and again, I agree that the system is broken but it is broken from both the taxpayer and the federal government sides).

CalSgt

Hooked
The biggest issue I have with the 87K new IRS employees is I don't think they should be law enforcement agents. This will make them arguably the largest law enforcement agency in the country. I suppose if their primary target was dope dealers, growers, smugglers, human traffickers, pimps, undocumented workers, and bookies I might be okay with it... I can guarantee these aren't going to be any of their objectives.

US Coast Guard - 56,000
CPB - 45,600 sworn
FBI - 14,000 Agents

NYPD - 36,000 sworn
LAPD - 9,900 sworn
CHP - 7,600 Sworn
CDCR - 27,000 Sworn

Kuboske

Flat tax, no deductions, no dodges, no excuses.

But then that would eliminate a LOT of Federal jobs so they won't go for it just like they never have.
I'm all for a simplification of the tax code. I also believe everyone should pay their fair share. But, if a flat tax would eliminate all business expenses, no one would run a business. If taken simply on gross income, with no consideration for P&L, it would be like a mob protection shakedown.
I'm against govt. subsidies across the board. Including student loans, and farmers. They just drive prices up and/or reward poor inept operators.
My Brother-in-law, who farms a tremendous amount of land agrees. A cold turkey pull out of govt. payments would eliminate the weak sisters in the business overnight.

kevman65

Hooked
I'm all for a simplification of the tax code. I also believe everyone should pay their fair share. But, if a flat tax would eliminate all business expenses, no one would run a business. If taken simply on gross income, with no consideration for P&L, it would be like a mob protection shakedown.
I'm against govt. subsidies across the board. Including student loans, and farmers. They just drive prices up and/or reward poor inept operators.
My Brother-in-law, who farms a tremendous amount of land agrees. A cold turkey pull out of govt. payments would eliminate the weak sisters in the business overnight.

When Dandy Don and company rewrote the individual tax code, I lost ALL my deductions.

So by your thinking, I should have just quit working?

Kuboske

When Dandy Don and company rewrote the individual tax code, I lost ALL my deductions.

So by your thinking, I should have just quit working?
Not at all. Don't know what you do for a living but, if they took everything you net out in a year, I'm guessing you would.
An example. I buy a 1.4 million dollar Airtractor. First year I do well. Lots of work. Relatively low cost of Jet A fuel. I pay taxes on my profit. The employees at Airtractor Inc. benefit from their employer selling me my new airplane.
Second year, drought hits a portion of the corn belt. Insurance spikes somewhat due to inflation, farmers cut back on aerial spraying due to record high input costs, Biden inflation causes Jet A to skyrocket. I increase the charge per acre but, that adds pressure to cutbacks. Then I have a major turbine engine failure in August. To the tune of several hundred thousand dollars.
Even though I managed to make a reduced living, I'm forced to pay taxes on all of my gross earnings? While feeding my family from savings until next year?
That would definitely make me consider quitting work.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not at all. Don't know what you do for a living but, if they took everything you net out in a year, I'm guessing you would.
An example. I buy a 1.4 million dollar Airtractor. First year I do well. Lots of work. Relatively low cost of Jet A fuel. I pay taxes on my profit. The employees at Airtractor Inc. benefit from their employer selling me my new airplane.
Second year, drought hits a portion of the corn belt. Insurance spikes somewhat due to inflation, farmers cut back on aerial spraying due to record high input costs, Biden inflation causes Jet A to skyrocket. I increase the charge per acre but, that adds pressure to cutbacks. Then I have a major turbine engine failure in August. To the tune of several hundred thousand dollars.
Even though I managed to make a reduced living, I'm forced to pay taxes on all of my gross earnings? While feeding my family from savings until next year?
Stop selling your sole to Monsanto. Problem solved.

kevman65

Hooked
Owner of company I worked for, bought a new 6 figure car for his wife. Titled, registered, and insured through company. When rates were restructured for charging of company equipment to customers, he included this car. When tax time rolled around, he de-appreciated this car. In essence he ended up paying nothing for this car, probably made money at both taxpayers and customers expense.

Said car was never used for business, only the wife drove it and she had nothing to do with the company. Owner bragged about.

So you want to allow frivolous tax deductions for business, but myself who HAS to buy specific safety gear for the work that I do I can not deduct anything because when they rewrote the standard deduction they also rewrote the rules for deductions to reduce the amount they are worth.
And yes, under the OLD rules, I would still have more in itemized deductions than the current standard deductions.

Without said employees, both large and small companies would not be able to exist, and yet business owners see no problem putting the onus of paying a fair tax bill on these same people.

Yes, businesses should also pay a flat tax on NET profit for the year, businesses should lose FRIVOLOUS write offs. I don't care if YOU have never done it, it is done all day every day by a majority of businesses.

Kuboske

Owner of company I worked for, bought a new 6 figure car for his wife. Titled, registered, and insured through company. When rates were restructured for charging of company equipment to customers, he included this car. When tax time rolled around, he de-appreciated this car. In essence he ended up paying nothing for this car, probably made money at both taxpayers and customers expense.

Said car was never used for business, only the wife drove it and she had nothing to do with the company. Owner bragged about.

So you want to allow frivolous tax deductions for business, but myself who HAS to buy specific safety gear for the work that I do I can not deduct anything because when they rewrote the standard deduction they also rewrote the rules for deductions to reduce the amount they are worth.
And yes, under the OLD rules, I would still have more in itemized deductions than the current standard deductions.

Without said employees, both large and small companies would not be able to exist, and yet business owners see no problem putting the onus of paying a fair tax bill on these same people.

Yes, businesses should also pay a flat tax on NET profit for the year, businesses should lose FRIVOLOUS write offs. I don't care if YOU have never done it, it is done all day every day by a majority of businesses.
We are in agreement.

Top Bottom